09| his kiss

♚♔♚♔♚

♚♔♚♔♚

I dazed at the light green grass that glinted in the sunlight through the small classroom window. I saw the birds chirping from afar as well as students conversing with one another but I could not hear them. I couldn't hear anything. No noise from the outside could reach the world that lived in my mind, though from the endless depths of my mind a soft whisper could be heard. It's words repeated in my mind with no sign of ending.

'He kissed you.'

My mind was no longer connected to my body. It had completely detached itself from it when shock overcame it. Numbness was all I felt with no sense of movement. However, the slight tingle on my lips could be perceived throughout the dark clouds of numbness.

'His lips.'

His lips connected with mine in a light caressing way. The gentleness came to a surprise to me. It contrasted with his rough and cruel behavior. The burning warmth shot from my cheek to the whole of my body.

'His touch.'

The way his hand held my cheek in a tender way and how his other hand held my waist delicately holding me in place. I couldn't break away not just because of his hold but because-

'You want him'

I snap out from my trance hearing my name being called out by a raspy voice. In front of me stood my English professor with her hands on her waist glaring at me. Mrs. Hatal did not seem so happy with me. I felt the eyes of the other students on me as their attention turned to me when Mrs Hatal called me out. My face turned beet red.

"Miss Hallie, this is not a little kids classroom. I expect you to be paying close attention to what I am teaching. I have called your name many times and you did not respond. Now, answer the following question on the board." I shot an apologetic look to her and looked towards the board.

"Mrs. Hatal, I believe pathos means to appeal to emotion and it is relevant in written works as it keeps readers attentive to the text. It helps readers express a emotion the character may feel to enhance the story." She nods.

"Good job Miss Hallie. However, please be paying attention and do not zone out like that." She walks back to the front of the classroom putting up another question on the board. I let out a relieved breath thankful that I had not gotten into trouble. Everyone shifted their attention back to the front making the red stain on my cheeks disappear but the embarrassment lingered.

Beth and Ava raised their eyebrows from across the classroom but I shock my head. They turned back to the front but not before mouthing at me to tell them about it later.