11| tears falling

a/n: sensitive topics in this following chapter so be aware

♚♔♚♔♚

I couldn't breath.

I held the buzzing phone in my hands. I faltered to answer unsure of my decision. However, if I did not answer I fear of what I may I have encounter in the future. With that in mind, I hurriedly clicked the green button.

"H-hello." I said in a shaky voice.

Immediately, I heard my father's voice. Just as I had thought it was filled with annoyance and anger. "Hallie, what is this nonsense. Margaret had called you earlier to tell you some information and you did not answer or call her again. Do you not have even the slightest decency to at least call back if you were busy? Bree was busy with her studies yet she answered her mother's call. Your not even studying as hard as her and yet you couldn't even answer." He says mercilessly making tears gather in my eyes.

"F-father I-" I try to intercept but he cuts me off preventing me from defending myself.

"What is the point of me buying you a cell phone when you put it to no use. It was better if we had gotten Bree a better version of her phone then buying you one. It's not like you have anyone to contact. Neither does anyone contact you." His harsh words lead to a tear to spill upon my cheeks.

"Margaret called to invite you to the family picnic that your grandparents are holding next weekend, but if your can barely answer a phone call then I do not believe you will be free to attend. There is no need for you to attend if you are that busy." He cut the phone leaving me in the dark void. Tears rapidly fell as I tried to control myself. I knew nothing good would come out of the phone call yet I was not prepared. My heart was not strong enough to handle the cold words spoken by someone I wished would love me. 

I was broken and wounded by words spoken to me. Life was cruel.

So cruel that it could make any living human regret being born. Life could make someone choose death over it.

Why live when all you receive is hurt and more wounds. Why not end it?

No more pain or suffering.

As the destructive thoughts ran through my mind, I took no notice of the presence beside me. I did not notice a person wiping my tears. I did not notice Darius McKnight on my balcony.

"W-what are y-you doing here?" I immediately asked noticing him beside me as he lead me back to my room.

"You were crying." He simply said as he led me to my bed and sitting me down.