15| sorry gift

♚♔♚♔♚

♚♔♚♔♚

I stared at her running figure in anger.

Anger at myself.

The hand I had used to grab her was still floating in midair as if she were still here with me, but she wasn't. I was grasping at a mere shadow.  

I lowered my hands to my side and shoved them to my pockets as I walked to my parked car ducking my head hiding not from the view of others but from my shame.

My head rested on the cool seat as my fingers loosened my tie and brushed through my hair anxiously.

'Will she get home safely?'

'Is she still angry at me?'

'Should I apologize?'

'Why did I do that?'

"What was wrong with me?'

The last thought set off my patience as I slammed my car wheel. "Dang it!"

"Can't do one thing right Darius can you?" I mumbled to myself punishingly.

Every time they spent time with each other, she always ended up being anger or sad. Not once has he made her feel an emotion of happiness.

I need to fix this.

Grabbing my phone in a rush, I called the number I knew would have the answer to my problems. My mother.

The phone rang for long torturous seconds before my mother's soft voice sounded out in excitement. "Darius, son, how did the date go honey? Tell me everything. Did you make sure to say sorry?"

"I messed up again mom." I whisper.

"I messed up."

She stayed silent for a moment and I heard her take up a deep breath. "Oh honey."

She didn't say anything for a minute most likely collecting her thoughts. "What happened?"

With that I told her everything from the start of the day to the time she ran away from me. She didn't interrupt once and listened to me.

"Sweetheart, you need to realize that sometimes your words can hurt someone even when you don't mean for it to happen. Everyone has their own past and it's important to realize that son. You need to apologize honey for everything before it's too late. I know it's hard for you to express your feelings so how about we figure out a different way this time. Okay?"