13| getting ready

♚♔♚♔♚

♚♔♚♔♚

I rushed down the corridors of the building with my bag clutched in my hands. My pants could be heard as I breathed hard trying to catch my breath as I reached my destination. I knocked on the door whilst tapping my foot anxiously. The door clicked open and I see the man I came to meet.

"Miss Talin it's good that you are here. I was coming to just get you now." He grabbed my arm and yanked me inside before I could say a single word. Before I could open my mouth, I see a woman standing in the center of his room. She looked to be in her late forties but the way she held her stature made her look younger. She had a measuring string around her neck as she held a pen and notebook in her hands. Her eyes squinted as she looked up and down staring at me. I felt myself shrink by her demeanor as she shifted her glasses up the bridge of her nose while shaking her head.

"I see why you have called me Mr. McKnight." She looked over me once again before grimacing. "She does not fit the part."

I watched them in confusion. "Excuse me."

"Is there any clothing that will fit her that you have in hand now Ms. Gloria." Darius asked disregarding me.

"Yes, I believe she may fit some of the dresses that I have brought right now but I would like to take her measurements now to begin her wardrobe." He nodded agreeing with her.

Still not knowing what they were talking about I decided to voice my thoughts. "W-what is going on?"

The woman, Ms. Gloria, came up to me while smoothing her pencil skirt with one hand. "If I am correct, your name is Miss Talin?" She asked to which I nod.

"Yes, I am Hallie Talin but please just call me Hallie. There is no need for formalities." She gives me a sharp look before shaking her head.

"Miss Talin, formalities are important. It is what makes a person proper and prestige. If there were no formalities, than we would all be slobs."

"U-uh I didn't know." She shakes her head.

"Now raise you arms and keep your back straight as I measure your waist and chest area."

"But why do you need my measurements? What is going on?" She huffs while pressing her temples.

"I am here to take your measurements so that I may make a more proper wardrobe for you." Again she looked at my clothing before grimacing. "If you are to be with Mr. McKnight, than you can not be looking like a homeless girl. As of now, your relationship may not be social but sooner or later you will have to make it known and if the media sees you with him like this, than his reputation may be lowered." I peered down at my clothes feeling embarrassed by her words.