Chapter Six

Drinks Either Cold Or Hot.

Armelle.

Today is the day, that I will finally see those who bullied me, apart from Veronica. I wonder what happened? All I could remember was that she always was talking to her minions about being a top model. I guess nothing is as it seems. 

What they say is true, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. 

"Ready, and don't say no because I won't let you", says Caleb. I breathed in and out, then I nodded yeah.

It is now or never, besides no one would even recognize me, I changed a lot since then. 

"Hey, guys. Could I have your names so I could give you the tags?" Asked a girl I recognized as Alya She never bullied me and was nice.

"Armelle"

"Caleb"

We both said our names. The shock on her face was visible.

"Wow, Armelle. You look amazing". She tells me while giving us our name tags.

"Nice to see you too Alya, we should catch up some time". 

I began to notice how people were staring at me as Caleb and I walked in. 

"Wow, she is hot"

"Who is she?"

"Did she go to this school?"

The air seemed to be still, he was here. I turned my head around just in time for him to see me. The shocked expression on his face was evident, that he didn't recognize me.

"Hey, who are you with?" Asked Lia, a girl I knew but she wasn't my friend. She was a part of the squad that bullied me.

"Hello, Lia. How are you? I asked her, "It's Armelle".

"Wow, umm... You look different. Did you do plastic surgery?". She says to me as if to make me look bad or even try to bully me.

"Some people never change, because if they did, they wouldn't be stuck in the past just like you. By the way, your new nose looks kinda crooked, so I suggest you go back to the dufus who did that to you, so they could fix it." I tell her walking away feeling confident yet I felt like my high school reunion wouldn't be pleasant for any of us.

"Why didn't you tell? Are you trying to get revenge against what I did in the past?..."

I interrupted him, "Seriously if that's what you think then it's better than I resign right here and now. Because it seems that people won't let go of the past. Like you".

I walked away, shaking my head. I didn't even reach far when I saw the poster they made of me. I knew that they were still going to make fun of me.

I can't do this anymore. 

The emotions were too much for me to handle. 

Tears were falling down my eyes, recalling everything that happened to me. I ran towards the field not stopping for anyone who was calling me.

Alex.

I can't believe my eyes, it is her. The girl I used to bully in high school. The girl I had a crush on, but just because she was fat, I didn't want to lose my reputation as the high school bad boy.

 "Seriously if that's what you think then it's better than I resign right here and now. Because it seems that people won't let go of the past. Like you". She says walking away. 

When she saw her poster, I knew that it was the last straw.

"Dude, what the hell? Did you do this?"Asked Caleb who looked pissed at me.

"I swear Caleb it's not me, I didn't know about any of this. Besides what I did was unforgivable and I won't repeat it again" I try and explain to him.

"I have to go after her..."

"Let me go, I need to do this", I tell him running after her. Why didn't I recognize her, when we met?

"Armelle, wait..."

But she kept running towards the field, I knew that It was now or never. 

It had started to rain as if the skies knew that someone was hurting and needed to hide their tears from the world.

I grabbed her hand and held her in my arms. It felt so right yet so wrong. She is dating my best friend who is like a brother to me.

Looking into her brown torn eyes, I knew that she was broken. And it was all my fault once again.

"Let me go, Now"

I held her until she calmed down, I looked at her, I knew that whatever happened at that moment, there would be no regrets for me except for the fact that she was dating my best friend. I don't even know what happened, I kissed her.

I started kissing her feeling not a care in the world, without guilt. 

"This can never happen again", she says running away from me

"This can never happen again", she says running away from me. Shit, I screwed up again. 

These are his thoughts. (Alex's).

As she was walking alone to class, I wondered who she was. Her name was Armelle. Unique just like she was.

I liked her the first time I saw her. Then after a few months, wanting to get close to her. I found out that her parents were killed in a car crash, and she had to leave for almost a year. When she returned, that's when the bullying started.

If the other guys knew that I liked her, they would have me kicked out of the football team. Putting my feelings aside. I started to do the same as the other, bullying her without any feelings of guilt. No one knew that I felt guilty doing all that to her.

When she finally left, I didn't expect that she would turn out to be Anna's protege. I watched how her running figure disappeared from my sight.

Authors Note;

Hey, Friends. How are you doing? 

Everyone deserves a second chance, yes or no?

Second chances at love, life, and friendship. But once the trust is broken, the second chance won't matter anymore.

Comment and Vote. Should she give me a second chance to explain or no second chances?

Stay safe.