Chapter Ten

Chocolate Strawberries.

This chapter will show much Armelle has been going through and what changes she had to make in her life for her to live and not think of the past.

The change in a person is everything in their lives, we make our own decision based on our lives. If we want to continue the way we used or move on to a better place and be a better person for ourselves.

Armelle.

Have you ever wondered what it was like for a suicidal person to find the peace they are looking for? I do it all the time. Looking back at the things I have done to myself, I don't regret doing them because they made me stronger than I was before.

Getting help is the first thing you should do, apart from telling your family about it. Some might not take it seriously but don't give up on that. Most families aren't always going to be there for each other.

I thank God that I had my sister with me even though am a headache to her. But she doesn't even complain about the fact that she had to stop her life just to look after me. My therapist told me to write everything and everyone I love. I couldn't help but think about him.

Do I love him?

Does he love me?

For now, my priority has changed, love can wait until I get to where I was before or even a better person than I was. I wrote that I love cooking, my sister.

Cooking is something that makes me feel at peace and happy. I can cook and be in my zone where nothing matters except me and the food am making.

Strange, I know.

That's how I am. Thanks to my sister's stubbornness and her fiancee Caleb. They are a match made in heaven.

"What have you written so far? I can see a smile on your face, that's a great thing. Keep your smile, and don't let anyone take it from you", Says my therapist.

He said the exact same words when it was time to leave Alex's restaurant.

"Yes, I wrote a few things, but love can wait until I get things in order", I tell her while handing my writing pad over to her.

Lina has been a great therapist and a great listener. I am glad that I have her as my doctor.

"You are still not sure if you should let him in or not. True Love comes to a person, once only. Be sure of what you want to do first before answering or even thinking of getting into a relationship. What matters is you. Your mind should be at ease, and let the past go. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?". She always says those words to me.

'What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger '. And she is absolutely right about that.

"A few sessions are remaining, for you to be done. I am glad that, I get to see you smile again, Armelle. And your homework should be; Write about how much you love cooking. And smile". She says as the time for my session is over.

A few more to go. I just hope that I wouldn't disappoint Amelia as I did when I tried to kill myself. She is my sister, my best friend, and my confidant. I knew that she must have felt helpless when she saw me, lying there on the bathroom floor, blood all around me.

I made a promise to her, that if anything should happen I will tell her and she would be there to listen to me, no matter what.

Today makes a new beginning for me. I won't let anyone take away my smile, happiness, and my self-worth.

Know who you are and don't let anyone take that away from you. Being happy starts with you.

Author's note;

This chapter is about how she got better, and how she changed her life for the better. Not letting people ruin it for her. Happiness comes from yourself and not from others. Be happy with who you are. 

The next chapter will continue from where I left off in Chapter 8.

Stay safe.