Chapter One

Soups.

There are many types of courses in a meal. The first course, the second course, and maybe a third even a fourth.

Armelle has just graduated from culinary school at the top of her class, not that she needed it as her grandmother taught her everything about food.

One of her culinary professors gave a great recommendation to one of the most prestigious restaurants in the world. The Valiente restaurant.

"Here, this is for you Armelle", Said Anna one of her professors handing me an envelope with the Valiente Logo printed on it.

"What is this ma'am?", she asked while taking it.

"It's a job offer for you, it is from one of the most prestigious restaurants. You have already been chosen for the job, you are going to work under its owner Alexandre Valiente", She replies surprisingly.

"Thanks, ma'am" she hugs her.

"You don't have to call me ma'am anymore, you know that right", she says continuing, "Call me Anna".

"Okay, Anna".

"You are supposed to arrive at the restaurant on Monday at 8 am to meet Alex, so don't be late". She explains to her.

When Anna walked away, Amelia approached her sister.

"Are you okay, Armelle? You seem in thoughts", her sister Amelia asks her when she saw how Armelle's face is.

"I just got a job offer but it's from someone I thought that I would never meet again", explains Armelle.

"Let me guess an ex-boyfriend", teased Amelia.

"Really, Amy? It's from Alex from high school", Armelle tells her. As she never hid anything from her sister ever since that day when she almost lost her life.

"Okay, so this has always been your dream. The main question is would you take the job or would you let it go just because something happened in high school", says Amelia.

Armelle knew that this was a lifetime opportunity to waste away. Plus he wouldn't remember her. As she was overweight.

She didn't look the way she did.

Armelle remembered how she used to work hard to be where she is now. She was almost unrecognizable due to the weight loss she had.

"Okay, I think you are right, Amelia. This is a lifetime opportunity that shouldn't be wasted by anyone", says Armelle.

"So what's for lunch? I am starving", teased Amelia who knew that Armelle was the one cooking in their apartment.

Losing their parents in a gruesome accident. A drunk driver who was driving a truck drove straight towards their parents' car killing them instantly.

Their grandparents raised them. They had to move from where they were living. That's when the problem started with Armelle's excessive eating.

She became the fat girl that everyone bullied in high school. Having no friends makes her an easy target for bullies in school.

This is where Alex comes in. He was a popular senior who had everything. A girlfriend, good looks, and being popular. But he bullied Armelle, just because he felt like it.

She would come home crying but she wouldn't let anyone see her not even her sister. As she didn't want to burden them with her problems.

She began cutting herself where she wouldn't be seen. Wearing long sleeves was what she did to cover her marks. when she almost lost her life that is when she needed to change.

She is now nervous about how Alex would react on Monday. Would he remember her or would he ignore her?

Soups can be either hot or cold. it all depends on the person having it. Soups are just like someone's life. The person can either be cold or hot depending on their mood.