Chapter Nineteen

Favorite Chocolates.

Alec.

I had everything planned and I hoped that it will go the way it is supposed to. Otherwise, I might end up losing her for good.

"Amelia, thanks for doing this, I really appreciate it". I tell her. She was the one who will help with what am planning to do. 

"Alex I know that you love her. Don't let her go even if she let go of you. My sister is very stubborn and she needs a little push which is going to do just that. And she will there tonight as promised". She tells me as I can hear Armelle asking who she is talking to. 

She quickly hung up because she knew that her sister will do anything to know.  As the day goes by, here I am waiting at home for her to come. I wondered what reason will Amelia give her to get her here.

"Where is he, Amy?", I can hear her asking Amelia. I breathe a sigh of relief that she came even though we all had to lie to her.

"You told me that Alex got into a car accident and you brought me here instead of the hospital, why is that?". I couldn't believe that Amelia said that I was in an accident.

"Armelle, he was in an accident but he was discharged this afternoon. He only suffered a broken leg", Says Amelia. "He is in the living room, I will be right back. Could you stay I have to get something from the car". 

I knew that this is it. I heard the front door close and footsteps coming to where I was. 

"Alex, what's going on? I thought you were in an accident. Never mind I knew this was just a plan to get me here right?", she said when she saw the decorations I had put up for her.

"I love you Armelle. And before you say anything else I just want you to know that I was stupid to have left you that day in the coffee shop..."

"Well, I do agree that you are stupid but why are doing this to me? Why now?". 

Armelle

As I approached him, I couldn't help but wonder why did my sister say that he had been in an accident? She could have just told me that he wanted to talk to me and not resort to that.

"I am so sorry, Armelle. For everything that I have done to you the bad. I need you to listen to me and not interrupt me" He says while sitting down. I knew that there was no way that I will get out of this so I sat down beside him.

He then started explaining everything that happened from the time that we slept together up to my sister's wedding. I learned that Lisa wasn't his girl. That girl was delusional. 

"I forgive you Alex but I can't do this anymore. Back and forth I can't do that. We are both hurting each other without realizing it. We have to stop this before it's too late". I tell him my voice breaking. 

"I know and I want us to start afresh without lies or anything that put us apart". He said while getting down on his knee. He then removed a box from his pocket.

It looked like that box that his parents gave him the first time I met them.

"I know that I haven't been the best guy for you but I can't let you go. So, Armelle Dela River will you marry me?".

Authors Note;

Yes or no. Cast your votes and comment. Should she say yes or no?