Chapter Seven

Fruits.

Authors Note; This chapter will contain attempted suicide and bullying. So if you are uncomfortable then I suggest you skip it.

Armelle.

When you kiss the person who has made your life in school a living hell, you start to get confused. I had no idea what I should do, quit my job, or just ignore him as I usually did. After all, he is still my boss. The weekend didn't end well for me because I decided to head back early.

All I cared about was getting home to my bed and my sister. I needed her hugs and advice, as she might know what to do about my current situation. Saving money for a plane ticket was out of the window because that was the only way to get home.

Upon reaching the airport, took a cab home. I knew that my sister was awake, taking care of Caleb's daughter Arya. As I walked up the stairs, my phone started ringing. Looking at the caller ID, it was Alex. I wonder why the hell is he calling me after what happened.

I silenced it and entered the apartment that I shared with my sister. Voices were being heard, I knew that they were watching Arya's favorite princess movie Beauty and the Beast. I even knew the song by heart as I watched it with them before.

"Army, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to stay there for the entire weekend?", asked Amelia.

She knew something was wrong without me even telling her. "I will tell you later, continue with your movie", I tell them walking towards my room. Looking in the mirror, I saw my disheveled self.

My eyes were red, and puffy because of crying, my hair was wet. I walked towards my bathroom and didn't even bother to remove my clothes. I stepped into the shower not caring about the temperature of the water.

As the water hit my face, tears came pouring down my face, remembering all the humiliation I had faced in the past. Why couldn't they just leave me alone?

I broke down, recalling every word that was said to me by them.

Fatty.

Piggy.

Useless.

Worthless.

After the shower, I removed all my clothes and wore a towel. I reached into my closet where I had kept a box that I thought wouldn't be open ever. I guess that has changed.

I opened it, removing a new blade. I felt that I needed to feel.

Taking the blade, sliding it on my wrist, cutting myself feeling the blood flow out of it. Feeling free, without any worries about anything or anyone. It was as if I was at peace.

Slowly, I began to lose consciousness.

"Armelle, don't please. Wake up".

I heard my sister calling out to me. But I didn't want to wake up as I felt at peace knowing that I was free of all the bullying, and the memories that come with it.

Amelia. (Armelle's sister).

I knew that she would try to do this. I saw the pain in her eyes, even if she wouldn't tell me anything that was happening to her. She is my sister, my friend, and my confidant.

I immediately called the ambulance, while trying to stop the bleeding and trying to wake her up. I had already put Arya in bed as it was getting past her bedtime. Thank God for that as I didn't want her to witness this.

Now, we are on our way to the hospital. It is like the start that never ends. The waiting was very painful. I had to call Caleb to ask him what happened to my sister. When he told me, I was beyond pissed at Alex and him too. I had to carry Arya because I had no one to leave her with.

"She didn't deserve this, I thought that it would be good for her to go and show them that she isn't the same girl as she was before. But I was wrong because people don't grow up", I tell him.

"It wasn't Alex that did the poster of her face on a pig's body. He had no idea that someone would put it up. We are already on our way there. So wait for us". He says while telling someone to speed up.

After what seemed like hours, finally, the doctor came out to give me the news on how she was doing.

"Amelia, she is lucky this time. We managed to stop the bleeding and hopefully she will make a full recovery. What happened? " asked Dr. Lukas. He is a family friend.

He knew everything about Armelle, as he was there from the beginning. He was family to us when we lost our grandparents.

I explained everything that I knew from what Caleb told me.

"She shouldn't be stressed, and most of all she doesn't need to relive all the memories that will hurt her. Or else you will lose her for good this time.

Alex

" Amelia, take care of her. She will need you more than ever". Said the doctor to Amelia. I heard the entire conversation.

I did this.

I made her suicidal.

"Alex, are you alright?" Asked Caleb. How could I be, when I made her weak that she almost took her own life?

"It isn't your fault..."

"Yes, It is my fault. I did this" I broke down right there in front of her sister.

I felt someone hug me, and looking up What I saw surprised me. Amelia was hugging me even though it was my fault that Armelle was in the hospital again.

"It isn't your fault. Don't blame yourself for something that was bound to happen", she tells me. "She was only trying to make me not worry about her that's why she has this mask that she wears to cover what she really feels".

After that, I wanted to see her and no one was going to stop me from doing just that. I had to apologize for what I had done to her in the past. Even if I have to beg her to forgive me, I will do it.

Falling for her, even though she is dating my best friend. The heart doesn't know that, it only knows how to fall in love with the person it has chosen for you.

Authors Note. 

Do you think that Alex deserves Armelle's forgiveness? Comment Yes or No.

When second chances are being tested, should we or shouldn't we give them the second chance they need from us? The fear and the unknowing will always be there even if we don't see them. Don't let fear rule over your life.

Love, Live and Laugh.

Stay safe.