Chapter Fifteen

Chocolate Ice Cream.

Armella.

Life has many up and downs, yet when we fall we pick ourselves up. Thats what I have trying to do ever since my sister's wedding. That was the last day I saw him again. And it was almost 8 months now.  All I can say is that am happy where I am right now.

Flashback(before the hotel, she was talking to her sister)

"Hey, Amy, could I talk to you for just a minute? It's really important". I asked my sister who was getting ready to go out with Caleb cake tasting. I know that it is now or never, telling her about the offer I have received from Paris to go work there for 3 years.

"Okay, let's talk, I know that there's something on your mind that has been bothering you for quite a while now". She says as we both sat down on her bed.

"Amelia, I have received a job offer to work in Paris and they want an immediate reply. I told them that I have accepted their offer. As soon as your wedding is done, I will be leaving a week after it." I explained to her. I needed this for myself and maybe I wouldn't be feeling incomplete about myself.

"Thats great news Armelle. I am so happy for you". She said surprising me. I didn't expect this to be her reaction, I was shocked and happy at the same time. 

"I thought you would be sad about it..."

"I am Armelle, you are my sister. But this is a great opportunity for you to advance in your career and you need this. Am so proud of you for the person you are the person you will become". She hugs me.

"Okay that's enough, I really need to go because Caleb has been waiting for the entire time that we have been talking. Bye and don't cry." She says walking out of the door. I can't believe my sister left Caleb for almost an hour outside.

I want that someday, someone that loves me. 

End of flashback.

Moving on from the past must be hard for all of us but sometimes it's better than living it over and over again. No one wants to be in the past again, and that person is me. Working in Paris has been my dream and here I am working at one of the best restaurants and working next to the chef I looked up to when I grew up.

"Ready to have the time of your life in Paris". Said Greg. The chef I will be working for at the restaurant. The experience is a great one. I smiled at him and said; "Yes, Chef I am ready".

Alex.

She left, I couldn't believe that she would leave like this. I knew what I did was wrong but she would have confronted me. The day I went to see her at her apartment, and when I tried to knock on the door. Her neighbor said that no one had lived there for a while now.

"Are you sure? A girl named Armelle". I tell her describing each and everything about her.

"I am sorry young man, but that apartment has been vacant for a week now". She replied while going inside her home. 

How am I going to find her now? Amelia will hunt me along with Caleb. 

Will I see her again? It has been 8 months since she left, and I will wait for her until she comes back. I don't care how long it will take for her to do that.

Authors' note;

Have a great evening, morning, and afternoon.

Stay safe.