Chapter Eight

Cakes.

Armelle.

I felt at peace wherever I was. All the pain and the disappointments have disappeared. But that wasn't the case, I was in a hospital again. I knew that my sister was disappointed in me for what I have done.

Walking up after what happened wasn't something I thought I would want to do. People will say suicide is not an option, neither is bullying. Why do people bully others? Was it just to make themselves feel better about their pathetic life?

"Armelle, I know that you are awake, and don't worry am not angry at you. I just wished you could talk to me. I just wish I could turn back the time and tell you not to go there. I should blame myself for what happened there". Amelia tells me.

"Amy, it isn't your fault. You are the best sister anyone could ever have. I am sorry for doing this again but all my courage and my self-confidence left when I saw what they did." I tell her while tears pour down my face.

"Thats the past, let us focus on getting you better. There's someone who really wants to see you but he is scared".

"You can tell Alex to come in. Am ready to face him now. And Amy no listening on the door", I tell her because she does this a lot.

As she went to get Alex, I knew that he might be blaming himself but I already forgave him a long time ago, but I didn't dare to admit it to myself just yet.

"Hey, how are you?. Crap, that's a stupid question. Sorry" He says nervously.

"You can sit down Alex. And to answer your question I will be fine. This is just a minor setback for me and a reality check that I shouldn't play with my life for anyone".

He looked mature yet I can't bring myself to tell him how I felt towards him and the kiss he gave me. I wasn't confused, it's just that I can't bring myself to fall for anyone again. Having a crush and getting crushed by him that wasn't something I would forget.

"Alex, don't worry. This isn't your fault. It is mine for not listening to myself..."

He wanted to say something but he didn't bring himself to do so.

"Armelle, I promise you that it wasn't me that did that. I regret everything that I have done for you in the past. I didn't know why I did the things I did. All I know is that am really sorry. I just hope you find it in your heart to forgive me..."

"I have forgiven you, someone told me not to hold on to the past. Because it has gone and can never be recovered. So I forgive you AJ." I smiled at him knowing that finally, I could be free from the past and whatever comes with it.

"Thank you. I have a confession to make about the kiss..."

"Which was a mistake that shouldn't have happened", I completed his statement even though it felt wrong to say that.

Alex.

When she said that the kiss we shared was a mistake, I knew that statement broke my courage of telling her how I felt about her even though she is dating my best friend.

"But to me, it wasn't a mistake. I am sorry but I can't..."

Someone opened the door before I could finish what I was saying. To my surprise, it was Caleb, her boyfriend.

"Hey, man. I am sorry. I didn't know that you are here." He says moving towards Armelle. It feels like am having my first official heartbreak without even being in a relationship.

"It's okay, am just leaving. Armelle, see you soon." I tell them while getting up and leaving before anything else happens that shouldn't.

While leaving, Amelia saw me and walked toward me.

"I am sorry, about what she said. It is just that she is scared of something, a heartbreak that hasn't even happened yet." She tries to make me feel better.

I assured her that I will be okay and then left the hospital. The only thing that would make me get through this was my restaurant, to be what I intended to be.

It has been almost a year since I haven't seen or talked to her. The woman who manages to get into my heart through her ways of cooking. She was an exceptional woman. Even though am still friends with Caleb, I couldn't bring myself to ask how she was.

"Hey, Aj. I have news. Well great news. Am getting married and you are my best man no objection from you". He tells me.

"Congratulations, bro. Am happy for you and I will be your best man. So when is the wedding?" I knew that this was bound to happen one way or another. She deserved to be happy even if it was not with me.

"Well, it's in a couple of months. We have yet to decide the date yet. As soon as we do you will be one of the first to know". He seems so happy that I couldn't hurt him because he was there when no one else was.

"The catering is on me and no objection from you," I told him using the same words he did to me. It was the least I could do as I kissed his fiancee.

Sometimes the love we feel isn't meant for just anyone. It is meant for the person who knows us better than we know ourselves.

Authors note;

Weddings, I wonder who is the bride, don't you?

Any guesses?

The reveal will be in the upcoming chapter. 

Stay safe.