Chapter Fourteen

Nutella.

Amelle.

I am so stupid, an idiot that slept with someone who might have a girlfriend even though he tries to deny it. I don't know what came over me to do. And now I have to see him because he is the best man and I am the maid of honor. After him sleeping with me, he left in the middle of the night while I was asleep. No note, no text just him was gone.

It will be awkward since we slept together and the fact that he might have a girlfriend who is hot and sexy. Here I am dressed in the maid of honor dress and am feeling like I dont want to do this but I have to because Amelia has been my sister, my mother, and my confidant. I can't turn my back on her as she put her life on hold just for me.

"Enough of this Armelle. Get your big girl panties and do this. You can do this". I tell myself while putting on the finishing touches on my makeup. I had already told Amelia that I would do my own make and for her not to worry about anything.

Walking out of the hotel room with my matching clutch bag. I took a deep breath and walked to my car. The drive to the wedding seemed too short for me. Why did I give it to him? I was very stupid and weak at that moment I didn't think of the consequences of what happened.

Reaching the church where the wedding is to take place. I parked my car and walked out heading straight to see Amelia who was already in the room.

"Can someone please call my sister? Or hand me my damn phone so I can do it myself".

"No need for that sister, am here no need for that". I tell her. She looked so beautiful in her wedding gown. The gown was a lace bodice and lace flowers around the bottom of the dress. her makeup looked gorgeous as she looks radiant.

"Amelia the wedding coordinator said five minutes..." Someone said Amelia, but when I turned around, and saw it was Alex with the girl I saw him with at his office. I felt my heart shattered into tiny pieces. 

"Am done, thanks". She answered him. I knew that whatever happened between Alex and me can never happen again. 

"Hey, we haven't met. I am Lisa Alex's girlfriend". The girl beside him said.

"Hey am Armelle The bride's sister". I answered her. smiling. I couldn't let him see that am hurting. 

I will get through this wedding and never see him again. I knew that accepting the offer to work in Paris was going to be good for me even great. Getting away from this place will be good for me. Fresh start a fresh life.

Alex.

Why did Lisa say that she is my girlfriend? I know that she is hurting because of me and I can't do anything about it. Last night was one of the best nights that I ever had. I had to leave because Lisa called me crying, and that she needed me.

And now I think that I have already lost her and I don't if I'll ever get her back. 

"Hey, are you okay?", asked Lisa.

"Why did you say that you are my girlfriend? We broke up because you cheated on me with a guy from your workplace". I knew by then I was shouting at her, I didn't care who heard. 

"Alex, I am your girlfriend and..."

"Sorry, but could you take your places, we are about to start". The wedding coordinator interrupted us.

I walked towards the entrance where Armelle was waiting for me. I tried to talk to her but I couldn't get a word out of her except; "Please don't ruin this for my sister". 

As we approached the aisle, I knew that it was over before it has even begun with me and Armelle. As other bride maids walked down the aisle with the groom's men it was time for the bride to walk the aisle.

I looked at my best friend Caleb's face, I could see how happy he was and he will be for the rest of his life. His daughter had already started to call Amelia Mama it was a moment worth cherishing for the rest of their lives.

As the priest officiated the marriage, I saw how Armelle was. She stared at her sister with tears of happiness flowing through her eyes. The vows were read. 

As I listened to Caleb's vows to Amelia, I knew that he truly fell in love with her. Even though the fact isn't clear as to when it happened. During the time he was dating Armelle or the time they had already broken up.

"I now pronounce you man and wife, you may now kiss the bride". 

"Congratulations!!!"

Armelle hugged her sister and her new brother-in-law with smiles on her face and happy tears in her eyes.

"Amelia, am so happy for you. I love you, my sister" 

"Hey it's not yet a goodbye, you still have time right?". Amelia asks her. What did she mean by that?

Is Armelle leaving? Where is she going? I have all these questions in my head that she is the only one who can answer.

Authors note;

A new life, a new chapter. Sometimes we need to leave so we could see if someone is willing not to let us go no matter how we are to them.

Stay safe.