Chapter Three.

Side Dishes.

It has been a few months since she started working and training under Alex. Even though he is a pain in the kitchen, Amelle has learned a few important things.

It was her day off and her sister was at work. She had no one to bother so she decided to have a cheat day.

When she arrived at the mall and saw an ice cream parlor she walked in.

"Hey, welcome to Frenzy Ice Cream, what can I get you?", Asked a teenage boy who looks like he practiced the line to make a good impression.

"Double chocolate ice cream, please".says Armelle. She paid for it and went to take a seat waiting for her ice cream.

She spotted Caleb sitting near her table and wondered who he was with. Armelle hoped he wasn't with Alex.

Great, so much for avoiding it. She thought as the server placed her ice cream in front of her.

"Here you", the teenage boy said, I looked at his name tag, it says Luke.

"Thanks".

She started eating it when she saw Caleb approaching her.

"Hey, Armelle right?", he said while sitting down making Armelle confused as to why he was sitting here instead of at the table he was at.

Armelle nodded.

"It is your day off, no wonder Alex looked a bit lost today", He said.

"I think you and his make a great couple...."

"I don't date my boss and thanks but no thanks", Armelle interrupted him.

Armelle had no idea why he said that. After training with Alex, she had planned to leave and go somewhere else.

"Everyone deserves a break once in a while", she tells him when a five-year-old girl approached him.

"Dad, am done now", says the little girl.

She was very beautiful, looked like a doll. She has the bluest eyes and a very pretty smile.

"Arya, this Armelle. Say hey to her", he introduced us.

"Hey, princess".

"Dad, she called me princess", she said with a wide smile on her face.

"Are you the girl that uncle Alex has always been talking about? The one who he thought couldn't cook", Arya said. Wow, I can't believe I made that impression on the mighty Alexander Valiente.

Caleb looked embarrassed about what his daughter said. "It is okay, I know that I look like that sometimes, even my sister wonders how did I ever become a chef", says Armelle easing the moment.

Armelle looked so familiar. Alex has been talking about her nonstop, ever since that day she cooked Fettuccine Alfredo.

"Arya you can get another ice cream. My treat", says Armelle.

She knew that what Arya said was embarrassing.

"I am sorry, she doesn't know...."

"It is okay, don't worry about it. Besides, it's good to know that the Chef is talking about me", says Armelle laughing.

"Yeah, Arya has always been like that especially when she hangs out with Alex".

"I hope your wife doesn't get jealous that you are here with me...."

"I am divorced, Arya's mother never wanted her. She wanted nothing to do with Arya, calling her a nuisance that she should have gotten rid of. Arya has been the best thing in my life", explains Caleb making her smile.

"I understand what you mean".

"Are you Uncle Alex's girlfriend?", asks Arya when she returned from getting her ice cream.

"I am not his girlfriend. He is my boss", replied Armelle hoping it would make her stop asking about it.

"Army, could you teach my dad how to cook? He is really bad in the kitchen. Thats why uncle Alex never allowed him in it", Says Arya

"Arya...I know how to cook..."

"No, dad you don't. You can only cook instant foods. Those are easy to make, so it doesn't count", she says while laughing with Armelle.

"How about I teach you so that you could help him in the kitchen", says Armelle smiling.

As they were laughing, Caleb felt happy to see his daughter happy and laughing. He thought of his ex who never wanted Arya just because the pregnancy would make her fat. As soon as she girl births to Arya, she signed all her parental rights away to Caleb.

He knew that one day, Arya would ask about her mother. He just hopes that when the time comes he would have been prepared for it.

"Hey, are you okay? You seemed far away from this conversation", Armelle says.

"It's nothing, Arya it is getting late. We have to leave for your grandparents' place", says Caleb standing up.

"Bye, Army," says Arya hugging Armelle. Now that Arya has met her, she wouldn't stop talking about her.

"Dad, I like her. Please make her your girlfriend", says Arya grinning from ear to ear.

"Maybe she already has a boyfriend, Arya", he tells her. She sighs and said; "Is Uncle Alex her boyfriend?".

"Sweetheart, I don't know about that".

As he started walking away, he turned to look at Armelle. He saw something that he thought was gone.

Armelle Dela Vega is the girl that his best friend Alex used to bully along with other jocks and Veronica who was Alex's girlfriend at that time.

Caleb tried to help her when she was being bullied by Alex. He also tried to stop him but that didn't work.

He couldn't help but ask this question; Is she here to get revenge for the way Alex treated her?