Chapter Eleven

Twinkies.

Alex

I never thought that I would not get a chance, a second chance for getting her back. The wedding planning would be the only chance I have to get her back.

"You are the best man and maid of honor, it is your jobs to make sure that everything goes exactly how it is supposed to be, and no hitches should be there. And you guys should get along I don't want any problems". says Amelia.

I heard from my other friends how their brides were, but this time I got to see for myself that what they say is true about bridezillas.

Armelle didn't want to disappoint her sister, she went through everything that was needed for the wedding.

As the days go by, the things between Armelle and I have been getting somewhere even though she didn't talk to me like she used to.

"Armelle, could you please talk to me?". I asked her hoping she would say yes. When she nodded yes, I felt a bit happy inside.

Armelle.

I said love can wait but why does it feel like it will creep to get to me without me realizing it. When Alex wanted to talk to me after not talking for almost two years I couldn't help but wonder why.

"I would like to ask you to go to dinner with me, I want to tell you something that I want you to know. I can't tell you now." He said. I recall what Amelia told me that I should give him a chance because he isn't at fault for whatever happened.

"Okay, I accept," I say with a smile. It was time to finish this and move on with our lives.

"I will pick you at 7 tonight", says Alex walking away without me asking him what to wear. I guess comfortable clothes it is. You can never go wrong with them.

It will take a while for me to bring myself to the way I used but my therapist told me it was better to let go of the person I was before and embrace the new me.

Fear of moving forward is what keeps me from not doing so. I fear that if I let him in my heart, I would go back to the way I was and I didn't want that.

Later in the day, I had received a message from Alex, telling me to dress casually. As he forgot to tell me. I rushed home, to get changed for the date.

After a few minutes, I heard the doorbell. I peeped through the hole and saw that it was Alex. I opened it and he looked hot. He was wearing black jeans paired with a white t.shirt and his signature leather jacket.

"Hey, these are for you". He says handing me white Lillies. They were my favorite flowers. Some people might like roses but for me it's Lillies.

"Thanks, let me put them in the water". I took them and let him into the apartment. I now live alone as I need to be able to stand up by myself. Amelia hated that but in due time she accepted it but with her own conditions.

"Where are we going?" I asked him as we were getting into his car.

He just looked at me and said; "I know that you don't like crowded places, I know a perfect place for you to be able to enjoy".

I was surprised he knew that I bet it was Amelia who told him. I love my sister but I would love for her to just leave things as they are.

I looked out of the car window, we were going to his restaurant. Strange.

"We are here", he says as he parked the car. Alex moved to the passenger's side to open the door for me.

"Are you guys not opened tonight?"I asked him because I was confused as to why he brought me there.

"No, we are taking a few days off, for the wedding. And for the reception too". He explained to me while opening the door.

It was dark, he led us to the kitchen. Alex looked extremely nervous. He is a chef, a great one. But don't tell him I said that.

"Alex, are you alright? If this isn't a good time we will do it another time..." I couldn't even finish what I was saying. He cut me off by kissing me.

The kiss was different, it was as if he was pouring his heart into it. I knew that I was in deep trouble and I don't think there will be a way out.

Author's Note;

Should he have done that or not?  Another chapter will be coming soon.

Stay safe.