Chapter Thirteen

Snickers.

Armelle.

As the wedding day approaches, I could understand why some people say that they have encountered a bridezilla. It turns out that Amelia is one. Ironic, no.

"Everything is set, Amy. Breathe in and out". I tell her trying to calm her down. It was a day before her wedding, and she is currently in my apartment freaking out about something that doesn't even make sense.

"I am getting married tomorrow and I am scared he might end up with cold feet and leave me at the altar. Am scared sis". She says hiccuping the words.

"Listen go take a shower to calm yourself and I will make so snacks for us. We could have our own bachelorette party here". I tell her. 

I knew that I needed to do something for her fear to go away. And the person to do that for me is non-other than my brother-in-law to be Caleb. As she was in the shower, I decided to give him a call.

"Hey, could you like come over, there's something that I would like to talk to you about. "

"Yeah, I will be right there".

I knew that in a few minutes, he would be here. I quickly prepared everything that was needed for tonight. They both need this as they were working so hard on preparing for the wedding and everything to do with it.

I had already prepared dinner for the two of them to have a romantic evening by themselves. They have already had bachelor's and bachelorette parties. As soon as I heard Amelia get out of the shower and Caleb knocked on the. I quickly took the things that I needed for tomorrow and walked out of my apartment.

"Hey, where are you going?" Caleb asked me before I left.

"This is your night together, she needs it. She needs reassurance that this wedding is forever. There's one thing you should know about my sister is that she needs to be cared for and protected and she did to me". I explained to him as I could.

"Okay, I know what I have to do. Do you have anywhere else you could stay for the night? I have..."

"She is coming with me". Said Alex who appeared behind me.  I didn't even call him here. 

"What are you doing here? Plus am leaving she will be out in like a minute. Caleb, look after her and enjoy your evening and remember that my room is off-limits". I tell him as I walked away from them. A few days ago I saw Alex with a girl who was hugging and he didn't even acknowledge that I was there.

And now, I don't think that am ready to talk to him just yet.

"Go after her, Aj". 

Alex.

When she asked what I was doing there. When Armelle called Caleb, I was together with him. I tugged along because we haven't seen each other since that day I patched things up with my parents and it was all thanks to her.

If it wasn't for her, they would still be outsiders to me as they were before. When Caleb pushed me to go to her.

"Hey, wait up".

"Alex, what are you doing? Shouldn't you be home with...Um never mind". She tells me as she walked towards her car. I have to know what is wrong with her. 

"Armelle, what did I do? Tell me maybe if I knew I would try and fix it. I am sorry for whatever I have done, Armelle..."

Alex, it's okay and it's getting late. Am tired, I need rest..."

I couldn't let her finish what she was saying and I pulled her into my arms and then kissed her. I poured everything I felt through the kiss. I hope she now knows that she is the one for me and no one else.

Suddenly, she stopped kissing me and slapped me. 

"Seriously, you think kissing me will make me fall for you again. No, you are mistaken, Alex. Am not her. She is the one for you and not me. Don't follow me please." She says walking away from me.

I was confused as to who she was talking about. I thought for a while and recall that my ex had visited me. She hugged me and I let her.

Shit, that what Armelle was talking about. I need to clear this up with her but I didn't know where to find her.

I sent a text message to Caleb, I hated interrupting his time with Amelia. After a while he texted me saying that she is at the hotel was nearby. I quickly got into my car and drove to the hotel. 

I didn't even ask the receptionist for her room number as Caleb already text me. I walked to the elevator and waited for it to stand on her floor. I got off and walked to her room and knocked on it, she asked who it was. 

I replied that it was room service. She opened the door. I couldn't let her close the door in my face. I pushed her inside kissing her without letting her go. Even if she struggled, I knew that I love this woman with everything that I am and have.

She is the only one that will be in my future. Mt wife and the mother of our future children. She is everything that I want and need.