産 | birth

~仕始める~

~仕始める~

It was mid-spring, the day that Shinjuro and Ruka Rengoku had given birth to their first ever son was born. Kyojuro Rengoku was the eldest son of the line and before he could even walk his fate was decided. Kyojuro Rengoku was a child of the fire, and despite being followed my misery and despair he kept his passion burning.

Shortly, their second son was welcomed into the world, Senjuro was to take his elder brothers place when he retires or passes away. However, Senjuro was born with a very meek and frail body as such he was unable to carry out duties as a demon slayer. His father cursed and cursed at him for this, "Useless brat!" He would scream.

Before Kyojuro or Senjuro were twelve, their mother passed away and their father fell into anguish. Still carrying out his duties as a Hashira, Shinjuro subjected to alcohol and crude insults until Kyojuro took his place. Shinjuro simply shut everyone out from inside his bedroom, the only thing he did was drink alcohol and curse at his sons. It only took Kyojuro's abrupt death to snap him out of the disparity he seemed to be in.

Kyojuro Rengoku's last wishes were for his father to take care of himself, and for his brother to pursue the path he wished to take. The young man died at the age of 20, with no children nor wife.

I didn't know any of Senjuro's history, or any of the losses he experienced. The terror in his eyes was as clear as day and I hated myself for scaring this poor boy.

"I will not hurt you, I don't want to hurt you." I stated, confidence was present in my voice.

"I'm sorry for asking something like that so suddenly,"

"It's okay, I completely understand and you're only looking out for your family. Don't worry about it. Does it bother you that I'm here?" I lightly tilted my head, some of my wet hair sticking to my face.

His silence spoke a lot, not to mention he refused to meet my eyes.

"It's fine, if you can give me my things back I'll leav-"

"No! You ran miles carrying my father and I, not to mention my father wrongly started a fight with you. I've caused so much trouble for you, and I'm so grateful to you. My family has dedicated themselves to killing demons so having one help me so much is so weird..." Senjuro's uncertainty became more and more obvious in his words.

"It's alright, since I'm a demon I don't have to worry about things like getting sick." I told him before standing up seeing all the dirt that had stuck to my pants.

"Can I ask you a question?" He looked up at me, as if he was desperate for me to stay.

"Go for it."

"Do you know a boy named Tanjiro? And his sister?" He tilted his head at me as I nodded. He then lowered his head to fiddle with his fingers. "Are you like his sister? I know she's not a demon anymore, but are you like she was?"