国王 | king

~仕始める~

~仕始める~

Most of the bodies surrounding me were already dead, charred— as if they had been fried and burned. A dark cloud formed over my head, my body disassembling and reassembling more times than I can count. My lungs felt like they were melting inside my rib cage, as if my organs were being held over a scorching bonfire and roasted. I could hear the crying of the people around me, and the desperate calling of a particular boy to his mother who seemed unresponsive.

The clothes that I originally wore hung loosely around my frame as I had picked myself up. Reduced to nothing but rags and strings of what used to be a kimono. The soreness in my bones was nothing foreign to me, but it felt as if something alive was crawling inside my skin.

Getting the strength to stand on my own two feet made my brain swell, ignoring the constant pounding inside my own head I looked around. Everything around me was scorched beyond recognition, the people and the buildings were nowhere to be seen. My eyes finally focussed and I had my heart broken all over again. A small child holding on to her half dead mother, glass shards sticking out of her skin like she was some kind of morbid porcupine.

My knees buckled, my fingers jamming into the ashes of what used to be the paved wooden path. Giving into the pain in my head, I closed my eyes and went to sleep against the melting rocks.

YUSHIRO - 2ND POV | A FEW MINUTES BEFORE THE BOMBING

Yushiro was folding laundry, which was usually your job but you weren't there so he had to. All the windows and openings were closed, they always were until the sun set. It was midday and an uncomfortable feeling arose inside his stomach. Not a hungry feeling, Yushiro had already been dealing with that for a few days now. Rather, something was off. You were out running his errands despite recovering from stepping on an unexploded bomb, but he was already used to that. Something bad was coming, and Yushiro's paranoia only grew inside his stomach.

A bright light entered the small room Yushiro was in, from the cracks in the windows and the openings inside the wood. Almost the entire area was filled with light, but Yushiro did not burn. Stiff with panic, Yushiro stood still and listened, hoping the clap of thunder would shortly follow. Dry lighting was uncommon in this season, but the weather was unpredictable.

No thunderclap followed, anxiety drove its way into his bones as he stood up and put a thick kimono jacket over his head as he stepped outside. All the housewives and children were gathered, all staring at one thing.

A massive anvil cloud erupted from Hiroshima, worse than any fire or natural accident. Before Yushiro could react, a violent gust of wind hit him and the other humans around him, pulling the kimono into a ball over his head and hiding his hands inside his hakama pants. It was over in seconds, his heart beating a million miles a minute when your image settled inside his brain. You were there, inside the city... You had been hurt and this time it was his fault.

The image of you beaten and bleeding was hell on earth for Yushiro, no matter how much he teased you about it. You were like a gem to him, you were all he had left. Tamayo had to leave him, and even though he shouldered her memory, where would that go? He's had his sleepless days and hours with nothing but his thoughts.

All of his effort for naught, but he's with you and that's all he needed.

He didn't need a memory or legacy to carry you, he needed you.

"(Y/N)!!!" Yushiro screamed your name at the top of his lungs, his vocals shaking inside his chest.

Locals turned to give him a mean look, only to have their whispers silenced when they saw the hot tears running down his cheeks. Yushiro had known his feelings for you since the day you left for Giyuu, he'd been in denial about it. It's platonic, it's nothing more than platonic.

He loved you, and it hurt. Not in a bad way, but it hurt to have a will to live. It hurt to swallow his pride and admit he loves you. Yushiro made a promise to himself in the middle of the road, a kimono over his head as a makeshift hood.

Yushiro promised to tell you he loved you the moment he saw you again.

~終了~

im sorry for the short chapter ghjkdfkal