ORIGIN - II

TW//: mention of being malnourished and self harm

~

Year, month, and day seemed all the same at this point. I no longer suffered from an animalistic carnage, but rather intense fatigue. I could hardly move myself without feeling intense pins and needles erupting from inside me.

The beautiful woman who was named Tamayo had been taking very good care of me. Apparently, there's another demon the same as me. I haven't had the chance to ask his name yet. , he doesn't do much except pace around.

Wow, demon. I never would've thought anything like this would happen, this would be unexpected for anyone. I always thought that demons were more spiritual, like ghosts or spirits.

Demons couldn't touch sunlight, or they'd be turned into dust... Literally. Tamayo herself had never seen it happen but rather experienced it herself. Accidentally tripping into the daylight and burning her entire left arm to a crisp. Tamayo had also taken time out of her day to wheel me around on the wheelchair she had allowed me to use. Even though we couldn't go anywhere since the stairs to the basement were far too steep and long for it to be rolled up to the main floor or for myself to drag myself on there.

Either way, she tried her best to keep me company. My legs are now stubs, not the clean and bloody cut they used to be in. Tamayo said my legs should be back and ready to go in a year or so. According to her I've been in her basement for over a year already, drifting in and out of consciousness or in a daze. I can't remember a time where I had been fully awake like this.

I sat up on my futon, surrounded by dirt floors and wooden nightstands. For the first time in what seemed like forever I actually felt alive. Living my days as a demon wasn't bad, but there was always a teeming and violent hunger that lingered in my stomach and throat. Tamayo said I'd have to learn to tame that hunger by starving myself. The biggest loss was my muscle mass, since I've been doing nothing but laying around my limbs have lost their fat and muscle, I look like a walking stick. Tamayo's body looks so healthy, I wonder how she tamed her hunger...

Did she find a shortcut somehow?

How do I tame my hunger without dying?

I've been wanting to ask many questions having to do with her life as a demon and about the other boy that was also like me. My courtesy was stronger than my curiosity as it would seem. I kept quiet and only spoke when spoken to, as a good guest. Am I even still a guest at this point? Even if I'm not, I don't want to get too comfortable, I could get thrown out at any second.

Waking up was always a struggle, even more so than now. My eyes were always going in and out of being blurry, and my eyelids were heavier than any burden I've ever carried. Drifting in and out of consciousness I found myself chewing on an unripe apple to keep the painful hunger away.