ORIGIN - III

~

~

Time and evolution are two constructs of normalcy you'd never be able to understand. Presently you'd live day by day, but altogether it becomes one big messy blur.

Another issue with immortality is that it was disgustingly boring and always felt incomplete. You spent your days in a wooden confinement, a cage. You haven't been able to control yourself when it comes to human wounds yet, and neither has Yushiro.

Therefore the two of you spent hours inside wooden cells, like an overdramatic time-out.

"I'm so bored, the least she could do is send down a book or something to keep us occupied," your complaints fell on deaf ears, Yushiro in the cell beside had ignored you.

"She treats us like savage animals sometimes, it's so annoying," you complain once more.

After a moment of silence you start to blow raspberries to save yourself from boredom. You concluded that Yushiro didn't want to talk to you.

Why would he? You were stealing away precious time from his beloved lady! The audacity! Then you complain?! The absolute insolence!

In reality he was trying to sleep, demons didn't have to sleep at all so it was always a little difficult. It took every muscle in his body to not kick through the walls and crush your neck.

He wasn't going to lie, he hated you sometimes. You were annoying, stupid, and clumsy. The only decent thing about you was your blind kindness, which he also hated that too the majority of the time. You damaged his pride, you took away Tamayo's time, your voice annoyed him— you were aggravating.

Yushiro was so caught up in his own internal rage that he didn't hear the creaking of the wooden stairs.

"If either of you slip up, you'll spend an entire week down here. I cannot risk anything happening to my patients. Do I make myself clear?"

Lady Tamayo's voice was demanding, rather than the softness her tone had.

You were in the same position as before, still with your tongue hanging out of your mouth. You nodded vigorously.

"Yes my lady!" Yushiro jumped up from the ground, "I will do my absolute best!"

"Yes... Thank you both."

With a pull of a lever, the wooden cage head lifted up slightly. Allowing both you and Yushiro to crawl out.

As you all walked up the stairs behind the both of them, a question filled your head. Tamayo was much older than both you and Yushiro, therefore how did she deal with the constant passing of time? You wanted to ask, or say something at least— but you didn't want to seem rude or insensitive. Any talk about age with a woman is usually considered really rude, not to mention you still saw yourself as a guest.

"(Y/N)? You look troubled. Is something the matter?" Tamayo's voice caught you off guard.

The three of you were on the first floor, Yushiro glued to Tamayo's side— as he usually was.

"Oh! I'm okay, I was just thinking about the whole demon thing..." you said.

Tamayo furrowed her brows, "Are you having second thoughts?"

You shook your hands and waved your hands over your chest, "No! Nothing like that. It's more of understanding the concept of how time goes by, if that makes sense."

"Oh, I understand now. Time is something you'll never be able to understand, nor control. Don't think too much about it, you'll get so caught up in it you go insane." Tamayo's soft smile reached her face, making her belly flutter.

You nodded, staying quiet as she and Yushiro continued into the other room.

Time might drive us all insane at some point...

(intermission)

You and Yushiro weren't exactly demons yet. Tamayo's blood inside you was definitely modifying you, but all the effects haven't taken place yet. Which meant you could still walk in the sun, for the most part.

You'd have terrible sunburns but they healed almost instantly. You could also eat human food and still have nutritional gain. There is bad news, all the taste in human food had just about diminished. No matter how much ice cream or mochi you ate, you'd never be able to have the sweet salivating finish ever again.

Neither you or Yushiro haven't eaten a human, only blood from transfusions. Tamayo was very determined to keep any flesh away from the both of you, no matter what.

So to build up a resistance, she's set you in a room all alone in front of mountains of dead soldiers. All the villages were at war, meaning the soldiers and civilians that had died needed to be cleaned up. Often burned or buried near their supposed houses.

You and Yushiro were in charge of that: carrying the bodies, emptying pockets, removing any jewelry, and burying them. During the daytime the remaining bodies would sit in front of you for hours on end.

The smell of rotting flesh disturbed you more than it made you hungry, but you couldn't stop salivating. Sweat and tears, your nails digging into your palms causing blood to spill. Those nights were the longest nights of your life, they felt as if they lasted weeks. Not that you had a decent understanding of time anyways.

Yushiro suffered more than you did, he actually tried to take a bite out of one of the women we were carrying back. He had to sit in the room for an entire week and a half, and if he ever tried to move he'd be forced into the sun and deprived of his next meal.

You threatened to take his clothes off in front of Tamayo, that embarrassment was what really kept him going.

"Is he still in there?"

Your voice was hushed, peeking into the large room where samurai upon samurai lay. Yushiro stood on his knees, blood on the floor. He had tried to rip his own tongue out. A beast-like snarl came from him, his hands gripping the fabric of his hakama pants.

Don't do it. Don't do it.

He chanted constantly inside his head, he began shaking.

Don't you dare do it. Don't think about it. Think about Lady Tamayo, think about her face. Memorize the bone structure in her face.

Think of Lady Tamayo, think of (Y/N)...

Yushiro desperately tried to calm himself down, his mind was calm, serene. However his blood felt like it was ablaze. You closed the door quietly, the smell of the flesh beginning to affect you.

Yushiro noticed you were there, a massive spread of red across his cheeks.

He let his guard down! Around you no less!

That embarrassment could keep him going for almost a month in a half.

~

blasting the omori ost oh yeah so hot mmmmmmm