失う | loss

~仕始める~

~仕始める~

"What did you say?"

"I said you're beautiful. You're the most beautiful woman I've ever met."

Giyuu's eyes were glued to mine. My chest felt light as the snow fell around us.

"You're going to catch a cold if you stay out here any longer..." I tried to change the topic.

"I love you, (Y/N)." He suddenly declared, his eyebrows furrowing a little. "I know that I'm not the best man out there for you. But, nobody has made me feel the way I feel about you."

"You know I'm a man-eating demon, right? That I've eaten people? I'm over a century old, I'll live forever... In 20 years your body will start to break." My eyebrows scrunched up, while I allowed my eyes to revert to their original slit pupils with a sharp glow.

Silence cut through the atmosphere, the only thing the two of us could hear was the quiet inhale and exhale of our breathing. Guilt began to flood my chest with every passing second.

"Would you use the drug for me? The drug to revert you back to a human," Giyuu was persistent and insisted on a solution.

"There was only one drug made for Nezuko, and I need to keep Tamayo's memory alive with Yushiro. I want to keep everyone's story alive after they die." I smiled softly to him, his eyes filled with longing.

"I understand... I'm sorry for burdening you with my feelings." Giyuu tore his gaze away and faced forward.

"You didn't burden me at all. I'm very happy that you decided to tell me. The face you like me in that way makes me feel very special. Please continue to be yourself and never change- I like you just the way you are. I know it hurts, but I hope we can still be friends. I'll do my best to support you in every way I can!" Despite his reluctance to look at me again, I still faced him.

"Thank you (Y/N), for being you." Giyuu turned to me again, his blue eyes looked stunning in the snow.

My whole body felt light, and I felt like I was going to cry. I'm happy, so happy that he's able to feel like that for someone. However, it's a shame it had to be with me.

"Let's go inside before you catch a cold," I smiled at him again, while he nodded silently and I followed him into the estate.

Before the night ended, I made my leave. Staying for too long

~休憇~

I returned with a sore throat and a heavy chest, I felt a stone sit inside of my stomach. Travelling during the day is stupid for a demon, however I had a thick and long umbrella to use assuring the sun won't touch me.

"I'm back," I called out, removing my shoes at the entryway. I wanted to get out of these clothes as soon as I could.

"Welcome ba- you look like shit." Yushiro's familiar voice rang in my ears. "What happened? You damaged your pretty yukata too."