本 | book

~仕始める~

~仕始める~

Days blurred into weeks, weeks blurred into months, and months would blur into short years. You got into contact with a publishing company to take a look with your stacks on papers of writing. They were impressed to say the least but they were hesitant to have published a woman's work.

"Is this your husband's?"

"No, this is all mine. I've been working on this for two years and a half now. This is the final draft." despite their confused questions at the stacks of work, you remained confident.

The man hummed, "Are you married?"

"Why does that matter? Your job is to look at paper's, not ask your writers about their lovers," You sighed, beginning to get impatient.

You had written enough for at least 20 different books, all a completed series telling the story behind the demon slayer corps. You were thinking about basing it off of Tanjiro or Giyuu's story— but connecting real names to a supposedly fictional book might be too suspicious. You were hoping this series would give closure to a lot of the untold stories and legends of dead demon slayers, like Sanemi and Genya— and the remains of the dead hashira.

The man in front of you sighed, "I'll have a team look over it and see what we can do. I'll send a call your way telling you the next steps we'll take."

You nodded and bowed, a little nervous to leave all your hard work behind to a group of not great smelling men— that clearly had it out for you. However you were also excited to hear some outside input or criticism. You'd sent some drafts to Tanjiro's family and to a separate freelance printing company.

If things went well, you'd have more money to work with. Not that you and Yushiro didn't have enough already, but you wanted to get some more expensive paints and brushes for him since the ones he's been using had been on the cheaper low quality side. You could also donate some money to the people that needed it if you wanted. You arrived home with empty bags, a literal weight lifted from you.

"Did they take it?" Yushiro asked anxiously, messing with the tip of a pencil in the living area.

You nodded, "I think I shouldn't have given them the entire thing, and just the first part."

"Maybe, it's a lot to go through."

Yushiro scooted over, a signal to you to join him where he was sitting. You plopped down next to him, leaning on to him which he responded by wrapping his arm around your back.

He had never been touchy, not that he didn't want to touch you, he just never knew how to initiate anything like that— he wasn't really all that interested either. He didn't mind it when you initiated it, he just sometimes didn't know how to respond and would stay still and wouldn't really return your affection. Which was fine, you didn't really mind.

"They still took it, didn't they?" Yushiro mumbled, putting the pencil he was messing with down.

You nodded, "Yeah, hopefully they get back to me soon... I spent a lot of time on those..."

Paranoia sunk into you, and it was easy to see from the way you talked about it.

"Time will fly by no problem, and if they damage it at all I'll wreck their shit." he huffed, trying to sound cool with a smile.

Time will fly by... You never really paid attention to any deep thinking analogies but when you live for a long period of time, time will surely rush by with you. Back then it all seemed like you were just living it day by day and taking it easy, trying to escape boredom and burnout. Looking back on it now you can hardly remember the feeling you got receiving letters from former friends.

You'd stop reading the mail and such when Tanjiro passed away, you attended his funeral unlike most of the people you had to miss. It was nice, and serene. There wasn't crying, only contentment. You never got to meet all of his children officially, most of them were scared of you anyway, you saw Sumire grown up. She turned into a fine woman, very beautiful, just like her mother.

Tanjiro lived to be around his 40's, giving the world 7 strong children. You never understood his resolve towards children, you could only be thankful Kanao was still able to stand after all that.

"You're spacing out, need a nap?" Yushiro cut your thoughts off, he nudged you.

"No, I'm alright." you insisted, a smile present on your face.

You were happy. This was more than enough.

~休憇~

Sitting on the floor, the side of your face was buried into the telephone scribbling notes and numbers down into a notebook.

"We can print and publish the first bit out, if it does well we can release the rest. Does that sound okay?" The man on the other side of the phone was reviewing the publishing plans.

Yushiro was listening in from his paint room, he remembered when you offered him a job as an illustrator despite being able to illustrate perfectly fine on your own.

You nodded through the phone, ceasing your scribbles, "Yes."

"We're putting (Y/N) Nakamura as the author's name, is that okay?"

"No, just put (Y/N), as long as the publishers know where to send the money it'll be fine. Nakamura is a common name I don't want to cause trouble for other (Y/N) Nakamura's," you explained, "Did you have an editor run through the text yet?"

You scribbled down more words as the man rendered your words and replied.

The man on the other side sighed, "Yes we did. Is just (Y/N) okay? There's probably thousands of other (Y/N)'s out there..."

"Yes I'm sure of it."

You thanked the man and hung up the phone, the first volume of Demon Slayer was to be released next month.

You were ecstatic.

~終了~

an;; the actual manga story belongs to koyoharu goutague not me >:O