Chapter 3

No One POV:

    The convoy stopped a couple miles back from a run down motel. Carlos and L.J are on the roof of the bus to get a better look at it using binoculars.

    So far they don't see anything jus a couple abandoned cars and the run down motel. "This Claire  Redfield's  convoy. Present location: the Desert Trail Motel. Broadcasting for any survivors. Is there anybody in here?"

     A blonde Australian young man spoke into his headset mic and pressing his computer buttons. He waited a few minutes to see if anybody would respond.

    "Broadcasting for any survivors. Is there anybody in there?" He tried again and tried upping the signal. But nothing. "Keep trying, Mikey," Claire told him and opened the door.She stood up and looked at the motel in thought.

      "Seems quiet," Carlos said and handed the binoculars to L.J. "Yeah, don't they always?" L.J responded and took them to look.

    Carlos looked back to the others then pressed the button on his Bluetooth device in his ear. "Claire. Looks clear. Shall we go in?"

     She sighed and pressed the button on her walkie, "it's your call, boys." Carlos stood up, "come on. Let's go," he touched L.J's shoulder, and moved to the ladder on the side of the bus. "Let's do it," L.J said and got up.

     They took the hummer and drove down to the motel. They parked and got out with their guns out. They walked in slowly with their guns raised.

   "Imma get me a room. I'll take a waterbed, a jacuzzi," Carlos looked at L.J with an amused smile. "And I'm gonna rent me a porno. Heh," L.J smiled at Carlos. Carlos shook his head with a chuckle.

    They looked around the lobby quietly on guard. "I wish spidey was here. I miss that girl," Carlos heard L.J mumble. He smiled slightly at that. He also missed the little girl who he and he's sure L.J thought of as a little sister.

    He even missed when she would call him Old Man. 'I hope they are alright.' He sighed and continued searching. He searched a room making sure nothing's in there.

   L.J walked slowly down the hall and took out his flashlight to see. He checked the doors most of them are locked. He checked the last one and it opened. He slowly pushed the door open with his gun ready.

Another door behind him opened and a zombie cop came rushing out at him. L.J struggled with it. He slammed it against the wall and reached for the gun on the zombie's side.

    But it got stuck in it's holder so L.J pulled the trigger and shot it's knee making the zombie fall to the floor. L.J went behind it and snapped it's neck. He sat on the bed panting from the scare.

      He looked up and his breath caught from seeing another zombie in front of him. He hurried and picked up his gun then shot at it but it was just her reflection on the mirror.

     He turned and the zombie snarled then lunged at him. L.J pushed it away, it tripped over it's own feet and fell on the ground outside of the room. L.J searched for his gun but couldn't find it.

    The zombie got up and went to lunge at him again when gunfire rang out. It fell down dead. Carlos who shot it ran in the room, "you okay?" L.J let out a breath of relief, "yeah, thanks man."

     "What happened? You two okay?" Carlos looked L.J over them pressed the button. "Yeah. It's all clear," he told her. All the cars and trucks drove down to the motel.

    Claire showed them where to park. The African American woman walked in the motel with her first aid bag. She moved to L.J and Carlos. "Somebody need my help?" She kneeled down next L.J.