Chapter 6

Hope's POV:

I watched Kmart get so focused on painting my nails perfect. I really didn't want my nails painted but one cute look from Kmart and I was a goner.

    I will do anything for her even if it's something as simple as letting her do my nails. Seeing that big smile of hers is worth it. I'm gonna make sure she always has a smile on her face and is always happy.

    Earlier she looked she looked troubled by something, I hope she knows I'm here for her. I started admiring her cute focus look with a smile.

    Kmart glanced up at me for a second, "what?" I shrugged, "you look cute when you're concentrating." I smiled slowly when I saw a blush show up on her cheeks and a shy smile played at her lips.

     Kmart brought my hand up to her mouth and blew on it. When she finished I moved the bottle to my other hand and held out the other. Kmart smiled and continued.

     "So Hope what are your favorite things you like to do when you have free time?" I looked up seeing Claire looking in the mirror at me before looking back to the road.

     Another reason Claire's perfect for mom she wants to get to know us as well instead of being just showing interest in mom. "Well I draw or listen to music when that one," I gestured to Angie who is listening to music, "isn't using it."

     I chuckled since Angie is unknowingly proving my point. Kmart blew on my hand before tapping it when she was done. I handed her the bottle and she put it away.

     I looked at my newly painted nails then to Kmart with a smile.

   I leaned forward and kissed her in thanks

I leaned forward and kissed her in thanks. I felt her cup my jaw and kiss back. We pulled back when we heard somebody clear their throat. I felt my cheeks heat up when I looked up catching Claire looking at me with a smile and her eyebrow raised.

Mom looked at us with a teasing smile. Oh just you wait mom. I'm gonna get you too. Claire shook her head with a chuckled. "So you like art," I nod with a smile, "painting too or just drawing?"

I opened my mouth to reply when mom beat me to it. "Oh, this one loves to paint. We had a whole room just for her to paint in. I had to keep reminding her to eat dinner otherwise she would lose track of time," mom laughed a little at the memories.

I blushed as mom gushed about how beautiful and unique I made them. Also about how I'm teaching Angie how to draw. Angie's doing good, she can draw cartoon animals and characters like Stitch, Thumper, and a chipmunk.

"So we got a Picasso in the convoy," Claire said with a grin. I smiled with a blush and shook my head. Mom and Kmart laughed a little.

That's how the ride went with Claire getting to know more about me and Angie when she stopped listening to music and joined the conversation.