Chapter 4

Alice POV:

I moaned and shook my head. I opened my eyes only to shut them again from the sun. I blocked it with my hand and noticed I had a bracelet on.

    I looked at it confused and touched it. I turned to my left and saw it was just me and a blonde teenage girl in the room. I wonder where the girls are, hopefully with Carlos. The girl smiled, "hi."

  "Hey," I said with a small smile. I sat up and leaned on my elbow. "This belong to you?" I softly asked gesturing to the bracelet. She blushed lightly with a smile, "I gave it to you last night. For luck."

I smiled softly at her, "thank you. What's your name?" I sat up fully and put my feet on the ground. "Kmart." I looked at her slightly confused on her name.

She started explaining further, "it's where they found me. Claire and the others. A few years back." I shivered at the name Claire. I wonder why?

I tilted my head, "do you have another name?" She looked down with a frown, "never liked it." She was gonna say more but got cut off by Hope and Angie walking in.

"Mom your awake," they rushed over and gave me a hug. "Are you feeling better?" They both asked them kissed my head.

I nodded, "yeah I'm fine, honey's." They smiled. Hope turned to Kmart with a soft smile. Kmart blushed and gave her a shy smile. I watched their interaction with an eyebrow raised.

Angie coughed and they stopped looking at each other. Kmart cleared her throat and stood up. "I'm uh gonna let you guys have some space. Bye Angie, Miss Abernathy."

She looked at Hope with a smile, "bye Hope," she waved. Hope waved back, "bye, beautiful," and gave her a charming smile that made her dimples pop out. My eyebrows lifted in surprise and I looked between them with a tiny smirk.

Kmart tucked her hair behind her ear with a blush and a shy smile then left. I watched Hope stare after her with a silly smile on her face. She sighed and turned to us.

She blushed bright red and scratched the back of her neck something I know is a habit of hers when she's embarrassed. I smiled reassuringly at her, "mind telling me what that was about?"

She laughed nervously and played with her fingers. "Well yesterday after I talked to Claire Redfield, she's the leader," as she said the name a shiver went through my body. What the hell was that?

"I went searching for Angie and found her with Kmart," a smile came onto her face when she said her name. She looked at me with a smile, "she's my soulmate just as I'm hers."

   I let out a tiny gasp then a big smile spread across my lips. I got up and brought her into a hug. She giggled and hugged back.

      "I'm happy for you, honey," I said and rubbed her back.She tightened her hold, "thanks mom."

"Hey I wanna get in the hug too," Angie wrapped her arms around both of us. Hope and I laughed and our arms around her too. We stayed this way for a few more minutes.

I kissed their heads and pulled back. I smiled at them then started strapping my guns on my legs and waist. "Uh mom," I hummed then looked up at Hope and my gaze softened.

She's looking down and playing with her fingers. She looks like her younger self when she does that. "What is it, baby," I softly asked. She bit her lip before sighing.

    She looked up at me, "I- I was thinking of telling Kmart about me. All of me," she gestured to her private area. She looked at me worried, "i-is that okay?"