Chapter 12

Claire's POV:

"Go get it, Zeus!" Angie throws a tennis ball far and watch as Zeus takes off for it. "Boo!" I jump as Hope scares me and sits next to me with a chuckle.

I playfully scowl at her before chuckling as she sends me a goofy smile. I shove her a little and she laughs adorably. "Sorry, Claire," she giggles. I hum before giving her a smile.

We watch with smiles as Angie and Alice play with Zeus. "Claire?" I turn to Hope feeling my heart warm up as she looks nervous. Hope straightens up and looks at me. "Do you love my mom?" She asks with a vulnerable expression.

Okay I didn't expect that. I mean I know this question was coming one of these days just not today. "Yes I do very much. Just as I love you and Angie like you girls were my own," I smile softly at her and push a strand of hair out of her face.

She looks in my eyes for a sec before a big smile appears on her face showing off her adorable dimples. Just as she opens her mouth she gets cut off.

"Claire, Hope smile," we look up seeing Kmart pointing the polaroid camera 'we found in a store' at us. I wrap my arms around Hope while she giggles and holds onto my arms.

We smile at the camera and Kmart snaps the picture then grabs it and shakes it. "Awe you guys are so cute, look," Kmart coos and hands it to us. I grab it and we both look at it.

"I love it," Hope says giving me a loving smile. I smile and squeeze her gently before letting go. Kmart grabs it and puts it in the small photo album. 'Since every family needs a family photo album, Claire' Kmart's words not mine.

"Come on babe. Let's go take a picture with Angie and Alice," Kmart tells her holding out her hand to Hope. Hope chuckles before leaning over and kisses my cheek, "I love you too, Ma."

    My breath caught and I stare after her as she leaves with Kmart. Tears welled up in my eyes at the amount of emotions I am feeling. "Hey what's wrong, Claire?" Betty asks sitting down next to me with L.J and Carlos.

I clear my throat gently. "Hope, she uh... she called me, Ma," I tell them with emotion in my voice. Betty awes putting on her chest while the boys smile at me. We all turn to look at our family play with Zeus.

Next day.....

Hope's POV:

I walk over to mom as we keep watch. The convoy stopped for a bathroom break. I watch as Mom looks at Ma with a loving and protective look.

"This seems so surreal," I look at Mom confused. "It's just.... I'm afraid everything's a dream and I'll wake up soon. And we'll be sleeping in the middle of a desert somewhere," she sighs running a hand through her hair.

I frown slightly and nod. "Don't worry Mom, I get what you're saying. I've had the same thought cross my mind but," I turn her head gesturing to Ma, Kmart, and Angie, "it's real and I'll fight to keep it that way," I softly tell her with a small smile.

Mom looks between me and them before letting out a loving smile. She wraps her arm around my shoulder and brings me closer.

     "When did you get so grown up and not my baby anymore," Mom sniffs playfully making me giggle and wrap my arms around her waist.

   I lay my head on her shoulder, "Mom, as Angie and I get older we will always be your babies no matter what." Mom chuckles and kisses my head before releasing me as Ma,Angie, and Kmart walk over.

    My hand and Kmart's automatically lace together. I lift her hand to my lips and kiss it. She gives me her very beautiful smile in return then pecks my lips. "We're ready, Claire," our friends voices come through her walkie making Ma respond back.