FIFTY THREE

Royalty's POV

I was laying on my bed facing up with my back flat against the bed. Looking up at the plain white ceiling, my mind is very blank. I would honestly say I had no idea what I was doing. I'm only 27 years old and I already there is so much that's been happening. The worst part is that I'm busy moping around instead of trying to do something right.

I turn on my left side bending my legs, not even sure where to start. I think the fear of Alejandro returning was because I went to the FBI after what he done to him. I betrayed him the same way Summer did and he'll resent me for that. I had no idea what to do.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. I grab it from my night stand that was on my right side of the bed. I look at the number, it was from an unknown number. Which is weird because this number is from a prison landline phone.

"Hello?" I answered.

"This is a phone call from united states solidarity prison, one of the inmates is requesting to talk to you, do you accept this call?" 

"Yes," I answered unsure of my answer.

"Greetings! Am I speaking to Royalty Martinez."  An unknown male voice spoke over the phone.

"Yes, speaking?" I replied.

"You are speaking to commander Christopher Hitchens. The prison is in current need of a new therapist and I was recommended by FBI agent Williams Jones, that you are one of a kind. If you don't mind, I'd like to have you come by tomorrow and have an interview."

I pause wether to be happy or angry because I didn't like people doing me a favor. For once it was best to put aside my ego and do this for Noah this is for the best.

"Yes, thank you very much." I said politely.

"Great, please I'll let the guard at the gate put your name on the list and just make sure to come with your ID. Please be here ten hundred sharp."  He said and hung up the phone.

I suck in a deep breath and fell back against the bed. This time I'll make sure to make everything right and not repeat things I've done before. I walk to my closet to pick something decent for tomorrow, nothing too revealing but something that will scream boring therapist but presentable at the same time.

I check the time to see that it's 12:21. I sigh really exhausted because I haven't done anything at all today. Some girls my age are traveling the world, some already are married and have kids of their own. I'm here stuck because of the drama that's been happening in my life and it's because of one man.

I guess blaming myself and Alejandro won't get me anywhere. It's time I make a difference and stop moaning about things that's been happening in the past. I had to make room for the future and for Noah's future. We don't know what fate has set for us. I jump of the bed and went to go take a shower.

After my shower, I put on my swag pants and a sports bra with sneakers on. I tie my hair in a bun and put on a bandana on my head. I went to the kitchen and took out my cleaning appliances, a bucket, a mop, a wiper and some cleaning cloves including all cleaning detergent. Since I don't have someone to help around, today was the day for spring cleaning.

I walk in my room, made the bed and removed all my dirty clothes. I put them in the washing machine and went back to my room. I move the chair putting it on top of the bed and I moved the carpets putting them outside my room. I take the mop and start wiping the floor.

After 5 hours I was done cleaning. I was very happy I accomplished something. I put away all my cleaning supplies and layed on the couch. I was about to close my eyes when I hear the doorbell ring. My body was already in pain and I wasn't in the mood to stand, but since I'm alone I had no choice.

I make my way to the door and open it. Antoine standing with a bouquet of red roses. and a smile on his face. I blink a few times wondering how he knows my apartment number. I try to force a smile but I was really exhausted.

"Antoine, what are you doing here?" I ask, holding on the door to tightly.

"I came to see you." He answered. "Oh this is for you." He said handing me the roses. I look at them admiring their beauty but I was more of a white rose type of girl. I thank him with a smile, letting him inside my apartment.

I close the door behind me and look at him to find him looking around the place. "You may take a seat. Would you like anything to drink?"

"Water, will be fine thank you." I nod walking to the kitchen. I put the flowers on the table and took out a glass and a bottle of water in the refrigerator. I pour the water in the glass and handed him the glass of water putting the bottle on the table.

"Listen Royalty, I know things between us didn't go right-"

"But there was no us in the first place." I said interrupting him.

"Right." He awkwardly coughed. "What I was trying to say is that, I'd like to make things right and ask you to go one a date with me."

I was about to say no when the door opened, making me jump from my seat as Noah entered. He started at us before reverting his gaze to Antoine.

"Noah, this is an old friend of mine." I said pointing at Antoine, and Antoine staring at me confused. "This is my adopted son, Noah."

They both shake hands and I look between them awkwardly. "Nice to meet you, boy."

"You Russian?" Noah asked.

"Noah." I hushly whispered shaking my head in disapproval.

"Da," (yes) Antoine answered coolly. He stated at me with a smile and honestly I had no idea what to do.

"If you don't mind can you help me with the Russian language. I have a history project and when I present I also want to be speaking in Russian. We get extra points for that." He smiled and I was about intervene but Antoine beat me to it.

"It's no problem, I'll come by tomorrow if it's fine with Royalty." He looks at me waiting for me to say something.

I look at Noah who was begging for me to say yes. I force a smile and nod. "Great I'll see you tomorrow." Antoine said kissing my cheek.

I sigh wishing I could have stopped that in time. Noah doesn't say anything and went to his room.

Vote. Comment. Share