FORTY SIX

Royalty's POV

"So why did your parents name you Royalty?"

"My mom said I looked like I was from a royal family when I was born. She said I was her little princess." I smile remembering that and William chuckles.

"So tell me why you wanted to become an FBI agent?" I asked him and took a sip on my wine.

"Honestly, I never really thought of it. I wanted to become a business man. My father was a policeman, very good one, but it caught up to him. He caught one of the dirty police working selling drugs to the kids, when he was about to go report it the next day but he ended up getting shot in front if our doorstep." I gasp covering my mouth.

"Oh my Gosh, that is so sad. I'm sorry to hear that Will." I said pouting.

"Don't worry about it, it motivated me to catch all those bad people." He smiled.

I was currently having dinner with William. I won't lie but he was really a great guy, maybe I have a chance to date someone good than having to be after a criminal who left me. But I don't blame Alejandro for wanting to be with his family.

"So how's Noah coping?"

"He's trying. He is just not used the kind environment and always getting what he want. He hesitates when he wants to ask me something." I replied looking down at my food.

I wish Noah would be comfortable around me, but I think he's missing his mother more. I have a feeling it's because his mother is in a horrible place while he's living a lavish life.

"I think he'll be fine, he's very brave for a kid his age." Will reassured me.

After hours of talking and laughing about how we grew up really made my night. "Look at the time, I have to go pick up Noah from my parents house."

"Right I forgot," He smiled and called the waiter  to get our plates and give us the check.

"Thank you for paying." I said looking down at my feet as we walk out of the rest

"Well I was the one who asked you out, it would be rude if I didn't." He said and took my hand stopping me. He touched my cheek and leans closer giving me a peck on my lips.  I blush and look away from him.

"Thank you." I softly said and he opened the door for me. I get in and begin to drive away.

I was feeling a bit awful because I didn't feel the sparks between us. I like him but I wasn't quite there yet. I remember how it was with Alejandro, it felt like I was in cloud 9 every time we were together. I shake off the thought of Alejandro and continued driving.

"I was wondering when you were finally going to pick me up." Noah spoke up startling me as I was locking my car. I look up to find him standing at the door holding his back pack.

"I'm sorry papi, time really passed me by really quickly." I pout and hug him.

"It's Ok I forgive you." He smiled. "So how was your date with Will?"

"Honestly, it was really great..."

"But?" He added.

"But there were no sparks." I told him as we both got in the car.

"Really, you seriously going to wait till you feel electricity. You know it doesn't work like that. You have a choice to like him, but I think you still hung up on Alejandro." He replied and folded his arms looking out the window.

"I'm sorry Mr smarty pants, but it's not easy getting over someone you actually connected with." I scoff rolling my eyes.

"I'm really sorry, I just want you to be safe Ok," he said softly his voice breaking down. He's crying. I stop the car on side removing my seatbelt and pull him closer to me.

"I'm so sorry papi," I soothe him with using my quiet voice.

"I don't want you to end up like my mom." He sniffs. "I don't want to lose you."

"Aww, don't worry papi, you will never lose me. I promise you." I wipe his tears away.

"Really, you promise?"

"Yes, I promise you." I smile and kiss him on his forehead.

Now I know why he was like this, he fears losing someone he cares about. This actually broke my heart. I start the ignition and drive home. I bet Noah was exhausted after a long day he had, I look at him as he was starting to fall asleep.

I park the car and look at Noah who was already asleep. I asked the doorman Matt to help me carry him inside and he happily obliged. He carries Noah inside as he follows me to my apartment. After putting him in his bed, I thank him giving him a tip.

I went to my room to freshen up, my body was sweaty and I couldn't go to sleep like this. I jump on my bed really tired. Grabbing my phone that was sitting at the far end of my pillow.

{Will:} Really enjoyed my evening with you. Hope Noah wasn't angry for coming home late.

{Me:} Me too, can't tell you how long it has been since I went out. And Noah was Ok, he finally told me what he was afraid off.

I smile and switched off my phone and finally went to sleep.

Vote. Comment. Share