P R O L O G U E

If you just about to read this book, Please make sure you've read the first book Dangerous Passion in order to understand the rest of this story.

Alejandro's POV

The day of the gala...

I didn't want to put pressure on Royalty about telling her parents about what I do. Who would want their daughter to date a criminal. Why should I be cursed to have the burden of being the an heir to a mafia family.

Sometimes I wish I had a different life, the right to choose who and what I wanted to be. It's hard to even love in my world. Now my innocent daughter can be a target to my enemies. The woman I love can be killed any moment. This world wasn't meant for love, it's weakness.

I turn and face Royalty, who is focused on the road. She is beautiful, innocent and very brave. Sometimes I ask myself how did she end up in my life. I don't want to be worrying all the time wondering if she's safe. I can never know if there's a target behind her back.

I had to choose. My love for her or being a mafia boss. I'm not going to stand losing another person. I already lost enough people in my life and she isn't going to be one of them.

Finally arriving to the gala, I open the door for Royalty and take her hand leading her inside. There is so many reporters standing outside asking questions. I couldn't deal with journalists, they were always in my business and I couldn't have loose ends in my line of work.

As we walk in I spot Rovach with his girlfriend Amber. I wish I had the love Rovach had for Amber, I just have bad luck with woman. I walk to the bar with Royalty. I see Summer in the crowd and I wonder why she is here.

"Wait for me here," I tell her and walk away joining the crowd. I finally reach Summer and grab her hand leading her away from the crowd.

"Summer, what are you doing here?" I question  gritting my teeth. She pulls her hand from my grip and smirk.

"Alejandro Sweetheart, I came here with friend. No need to worry." She said smiling.

"If you here, where's my daughter." I ask raising an eyebrow.

"She's fine," She smirks and looks away from me. I scan her and I knew she was up to something.

"Where's my daughter, Summer." I ask again my voice filled with coldness.

"I took her were you'll never be able to find her Alejandro."

"Where the fuck did you take her?" I demanded in a low murderous tone pining her against the wall. "I want my daughter now."

She laughs and put her hands on my chest. "You will see your Anna, only on one condition."

"Which is?"

+++

I got out of the car leaving Summer behind and rushed to my house. My anger was on the point were I felt like murdering someone.  I walk in and run my fingers through my hair.

"I fucking hate you," I said my jaw locked pointing at Summer. She smirks closing the door.

"Don't be so smutty, Alec." She smiles walking closer to me.

"Don't." I raise my handing stopping her from coming closer. "Just don't call me with that name. The woman I loved called me by that name, and you not her."

"Come on Alejandro, I'm still that little girl you loved years ago." She said in her sweet tone touching me on my chest.

"As much as I know her, she wouldn't have threatened my daughter." I said and removed her hands on me. I walk upstairs to my study and poured myself some whiskey.

I walked out of that gala knowing I'll be looking Royalty. Sitting in my study not sure what to do with myself. I went to my room and took a long shower feeling sorry for myself. I allowed myself to be weak again.

I hear the doorbell ring. I wore my pants and quickly went downstairs to see who it was. I open the door and see Royalty standing there. I quickly mask my face in a cold expression.

"What are you doing here?" I said in a cold tone.

"What am I doing here?" She laughs sarcastically and I stare at her look running my fingers through my wet hair.

She walks in the house pushing me out of the way. "Sure why don't you let yourself in." I said softly closing the door behind me.

"Alejandro, you ask me to come with you to a Gala and you leave me alone to be with another woman." She said clearly trying not to raise her voice.

"I don't have to explain to you," I said as we both walk to the sitting room.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Alec," Summer's voice interrupts her and we both turn to see Summer walking down the stairs wearing my shirt, that I was wearing tonight.

She looks at Royalty and smiles, and Royalty looks back at me and I avoid looking at her.

"Oh, now I see why you left." She stated in a small voice.

She takes a seat on the couch looking like she was trying to process everything. She stares at me but I had to look serious.

She stands up and gave me a final look before leaving. I watch her walk out the door slowly. I look down and see her purse on the couch. I hold on my hand to follow after her, to stop her from leaving, but I look at Summer.

"Royalty..." I call out to and she turns to face me.

"You forgot your purse," With that said I give her the purse and shut the door in her face. There goes the end of our relationship.

Vote. Comment. Share.