chapter 4

4. DADA classes

"I expect from each.and.one.of.you to bring to the fore you studies. I will not tolerate any kind of absence without le.gi.ti.mate reason..."

I can assure you that Snape's lecture at 8pm in the morning is not the kind stuff you'd like to start the day with. Especially when your best friend class mate isn't here today. She must have forgotten to put an alarm on her clock.

Or she spent to much time talking to Blaise yesterday.

As last year, I sat next to Onyx in DADA classes. We are place in the middle, with Blaise and Theo behind us and Draco and Anthony infront of us.

It doesn't bother Hermione that I'm not with her and Harry and Ron, we had time to see each other at lunch and in our room.

She knows I love both of my friend's group equally, I appreciate as much staying with Onyx and the boys that I do with Ron, Hermione and Harry.

They are just to different types of people who match up with me differently.

"Have you seen Pansy?" Draco asked us.

He wasn't asking me that's for sure, so I continued to pretend I was focus on the professor.

"hhhm no, didn't see her this morning" Theo told him, trying to speak low.

"Today's courses will be about dark charms"

"Oh god, finally something that might be interesting !" stated Blaise, a bit loud

"Anything you'd like to say Mr Zabini ?" Snape spoke to him with dark questioning eyes who were definitely not waiting for a answer from Blaise.

Blaise wanted to answer so bad but didn't want to receive detention on first day. He just look down with a smile, knowing Snape was satisfied that a simple look had made Blaise swallow back his pride.

But before the professor was able to continue the course, the door swang open, and a boy appeared.

All eyes turned to the back, silently at first, then whispers were heard.

"I am terribly sorry professor for my late, I'm afraid I missed my clock"

Mattheo Riddle stated, almost pretentiously with a smirk on his face.

He knew he had a certain power over professor Snape and that he couldn't offer to refuse Voldemort's son in classes. He was working for him, or at least that was the rumor, and so he had to take upon himself and let Mattheo come.

"That's...." Snape looked the student up and down. "not a problem, you will sit next to Miss Y/L/N."

And with that, I felt his eyes turn to me, staring deep inside with a pretentious look. I was suddenly very hot and I knew my cheeks were getting red.

Reminds me of the night before.

I wish Onyx was here so bad that I think she might here my prayers from her dorm.

I stare, nervously.

"Well I think I actually have an idea of where Pansy is " Theo whispered to the boys with a smile.

I turned toward the both of them, broking the gaze between me and Mattheo, with a look that begged them to save me. I knew how awkward this was going to be, sitting next to Mattheo Riddle, son of a mass murderer.

Snape continued to talk about hexes and curses. But I couldn't hear a word of what he was saying, as I was too focus on the boy next to me.

He moved toward my table and took a sit to my left. I watch him and glanced a smile that said "hi".

His brown curls were messy. He smelled cologne, I deduce he was getting out the shower due to the drops of water still on his neck and with his wet hair.

Mattheo wore a Slytherin uniform which suit him at perfection, with fancy brand new costume shoes. He put his books on the table and a few pens. He lied on the back of his chair, crossed his legs and gasp.

He wasn't watching me.

"Why are you staring at me ? " He asked, still not looking.

Oh my god, what was I going to do. The heat grew more and more as I quickly move my eyes toward the professor. My breath got heavier.

I was panicking. I was going to curse Onyx. I was going to kill her.

"When I ask you a question, I expect you to answer me ." And then he looked at me.

My face was so red. Red with embarrassment.

"I-hmmm I wasn't staring " There was apprehension in my trembling voice.

He sensed it.

"Yeah right."

Then he turn around and didn't adress to me during the all 1 hour and a half .