Chapter 12

The door frame

I woke up this morning around 6:30 am, before my clock start ringing.

I wasn't feeling particularly tired, and god, what a good night of sleep I had. Maybe it was because of all the emotions of yesterday, and I must admit, my body felt drain from all of  kind energy.

When I opened my eyes and looked around, I found that Onyx was still sleeping on the bed beside me. 

Last night, we decided that I'll stay at her dorm: she has a big room, for herself, and we often summon a bed for me to sleep.

The only source of light came from one of the window: we probably forgot to draw the curtain last night. We came back around 10:30 pm, Onyx had brought a card game, and we talked a lot. I told her all the things that were going on between Mattheo and I and she obviously told me to report it to Dumbledore. 

She was right though, but I wanted to know more about him and have the chance to kick him in the balls a second time. He think he is smarter than everyone else and that we should all fear him because he's the son of Voldemort.

Yes we know Mattheo, but that's not a reason to threat us like shit.

I stayed into bed until the 6:50 am alarm ringed.

She turned to the side to shut the clock off and I took the opportunity to tell her I was going back to my dorm and get ready.

Even if I always had some stuff in Onyx's room, such as a bit of makeup and a few clothes, I needed a shower. And most of it, I wanted to put a short skirt.

"I'll bring the plaid back later ok ?" I continue whispering. It was too cold and I didn't want to get of the warm plaid, so I wrap it up against my body, took my shoes in my hands and left the room.

The common room was quiet. No one seemed to be there, so I put my shoes down on the floor and with the plaid wrap around me I headed toward the low table near the fire.

Books were always to be found there.

I never understood why though, why someone will leave the book they bought or borrowed in the sight of everyone. I could easily steel one and no one will ever know.

I lit the fire with a move of my wand and I sat on the couch.

My eyes directly went toward a book in particular. It was black, I bit big, and seemed old. I took it to read the title, "The art of going through the mind " by Oscar Gears.

Never heard of him, and it's not like I don't read a lot of books.

I opened it in half, expecting to find pencil marks. That's why I always look in the books I found, because you can see what people are reading and what they have marked.

But nothing. The book was clean as new. And I'll even said that, the page were actually blank.

So I turned the pages, over and over.

Not a single word on them, not a single scratch or something that the book had been manipulate.

Nothing.

The sound of a door opening make me flinch from the book. I quickly close it, got up , took my shoes and left.

-

"What time is you quidditch match already ?"
Onyx asked Blaise while we were in class.

Blaise and Theo were behind us and Anthony and Draco on the front. We were in potions class, the teacher hadn't arrived yet. I wanted to go back to bed so badly, I could feel that my eyes would shut down during the class.