Chapter 30

• Dedicated to All my Readers

WARNING! Last chapter! Mushy stuff ahead. :P Early Christmas gift to you guys from me! :3

______________________________________________________

Chapter 30

I was never this nervous in my entire life.

My hands were cold and clammy and I clasped them together to stop them from shaking. My heart was beating a hundred miles per second and beads of perspiration were forming on my forehead.

"You look so beautiful," said Penelope, smiling at me.

I couldn't force my muscles to pull up a smile and simply bit my lower lip in reply. Penelope rolled her eyes.

"Come on, even I wasn't so nervous on my day," she said, handing me the bouquet of white orchids.

"Mmrghf," was all I managed to say, and I wasn't even sure what I was trying to say.

"I wish Michelle could've been with us," chattered Penelope. "But I doubt she could've walked properly," she added, chuckling.

The door opened at that moment and Sasha peeked inside. It suddenly struck me that she looked so adult-like in her light blue, knee-length dress. Of course, then I remembered that my baby sister had just turned eighteen a few weeks ago.

"Are you ready?" she asked, smiling.

I nodded weakly, and then she and Penelope walked outside as my father walked in. He looked teary-eyed, but gave me an encouraging smile. He gently kissed me on my forehead and brought my white veil down. Placing my white-gloved hand on his arm, we walked out the doors together when we heard the piano starting to play.

Dozens of faces beamed at me as I started walking down the aisle with my father. My mother had already started crying, but smiled proudly when her eyes met mine. A row ahead of her was Michelle and Kurt. I vaguely wondered what their baby would look like when my eyes fell on Michelle's very round belly. On the other side of the aisle were Mr and Mrs Adams, Janet and Clara with ten-year-old Zane who all beamed at me when I looked towards them. A few rows ahead of them was Ace with his arms around Natasha who smiled when they saw me.

I gave them all a weak smile and looked towards the end of the aisle where Sasha and Penelope were glowing with happiness. Leon waved and Hayden gave me a thumbs-up when my eyes fell on them.

And then, there he was, looking as handsome as ever, a soft smile playing on his lips, the love in his eyes making me weak at the knees. I couldn't believe that finally today, after five years, I would be spending the rest of my life with him. I would be Mrs Rebecca Adams.

My father handed me to Jake, nodding to him before joining my mother. Jake took my hand and pressed it to his lips before keeping at his side but not letting go. His eyes locked onto mine and he mouthed, 'I love you'. I grinned and mouthed, 'Aishiteru'.

_______________________________________________________

                                                                 Five Years Ago…

It's over.

I numbly walked over to the many blue chairs lining the walls and slumped down on one of them, holding my head in my hands.

I lost.

How could this happen to me? This wasn't right. This wasn't supposed to end this way. We were supposed to have a happy ending. He wasn't supposed to leave this time. He wasn't supposed to leave me hanging like this. We were meant to be. How could I lose like this?