Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The next day in school, I was still singing that song.

"I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do, about you now -"

"Could you stop singing that effing song already!"

I abruptly closed my mouth and looked apologetically at Michelle. She fixed me with a look of annoyance and amusement, crossing her arms and frowning at me.

"It's stuck in my head," I said, shrugging.

She rolled her eyes, which looked a bit funny behind her square-rimmed glasses. Brushing off a strand of red hair that had fallen over her eyes, she placed her hands on her hips and sighed.

"Well, if you continue to sing that song loudly, people will get the wrong impression," said Michelle.

"Huh?" I asked gullibly.

"They'll think you're in love with me, you idiot!" she said exasperatedly, waving her arms in frustration.

I chuckled. "But you already have a boyfriend."

"Yeah, but you don't, and if people hear you, they'll think we're in some sick bisexual love triangle or something."

This made us both burst into laughter, but we soon stopped for people were seriously giving us weird looks now. Covering our mouths with our hands, we continued eating our lunch in the canteen.

If you haven't figured it out by now, Michelle Ritchie is my best friend. I would love to say that we've known each other for years, but sadly, I've only known her for one year, yet it feels like we've known each other since kindergarten. We tell each other everything and I know anything there is to know about her, sometimes even things I don't want to know in the first place! We had a lot in common…except, she had really bad taste in boys. Speaking of boys…

"Yesterday, Andrew said something you'll never believe…" started Michelle.

"Please tell me he told you he's gay!" I hoped.

You see, I hate Michelle's boyfriend. He's such a jerk. Ever since the start of their relationship, I've been trying to make Michelle break up with him, but to no avail. I don't understand what she sees in him!

Michelle hit me with her napkin. "No, he said something which hurt my feelings."

This made me serious. "What?" I asked worriedly.

"Remember how he was saying that he wanted us to be more…physical?" said Michelle.

I grimaced. "Yeah…"

"Well, I asked him if he was offended by my reaction…"

I smirked. Michelle's reaction was priceless. After hearing it, she had screamed at him and hung up and didn't talk to him for a whole day. The jerk deserved it.

Michelle switched on her cell phone and showed me a text message. I hated the jerk even more after reading it.

No, I'm not offended. It's just that it's been a long time since I've started going out with you, and I was hoping we could do something more than kissing…

I didn't even read the rest of the message as I screeched, "What the hell?"

Michelle shushed me. "Quietly Rebs!"

"That frigging pervert!" I continued in a lower voice. "Something more than kissing implies sex!"

Michelle nodded her head sadly. My mouth was still agape. I really felt like punching the jackass in the face.