Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I love Penelope Anderson.

"Oh my gosh, Rebbie, I'm so happy for you!" she exclaimed. "What does he look like? You have to show me his picture!"

Unlike Michelle, she was very enthusiastic when she heard about Jake. I hadn't told her the whole story before, but I needed someone more eager than Michelle. Don't get me wrong, I loved my bestie, but her lack of enthusiasm put me off sometimes.

I'd known Penelope for only six months, but she was like my long lost twin. We had this twin telepathy thing where we would say the same thing at the exact same time. We had the same choice in music, food, clothes, everything. It was very creepy at times. So, if there was another friend I had to share my opinion with, it would be Penelope Anderson.

She was an inch shorter than me – 5'4'', with waist-length, wavy black hair that I was jealous of, and bright green eyes. She was healthy but not fat, yet she was obsessed with losing weight, even though I told her I was a bit envious of her hour-glass figure. But she always laughed it off and never believed me.

"Oh, alright," I replied, chuckling. "I'll bring it on my cell phone and show it to you tomorrow."

She grinned. "Now we both have hubbies."

I rolled my eyes. "No we don't. Just crushes," I sighed.

Penelope, like me, used to be pretty apathetic towards love as well. Her friends used to call her a Cyborg. She'd never had a crush. That all changed when she met Rick.

At first, she hated Rick. She used to insult him and always ignored him. Rick, on the other hand, kind of liked Penelope. He lightly flirted with her, but Penelope never got it. She thought he was just teasing her, and so she hated him even more. She didn't even have a good reason to hate him, it just came naturally.

Then, Penelope failed tenth year and had to repeat it. That's when I met her, and that's when she realised she was missing Rick and actually had a crush on him. Her first crush. Funny how that happens.

Penelope sighed. "Well…soon-to-be-hubbies," she said optimistically.

"Now I know how you feel," I said. "I forgot what it was like to have a crush again."

"Sucks, right?"

"Totally."

"I wish I knew how he felt about me," we both said at the same time, and then burst into laughter.

"Twin telepathy!" we exclaimed together again.

"What's so funny?" a nasal voice asked.

I tried to hide my annoyance when a brown-haired, brown-eyed and bespectacled short girl appeared before us, looking at us curiously through her large glasses.

"What, what, what? Why don't you guys tell me anything?" she whined.

Penelope sighed irritably. I rolled my eyes. "It's nothing," we both said simultaneously, and grinned at each other.

Natasha jutted out her lower lip. "Where's Michelle?"

"Dunno," I replied as Penelope shrugged.

"I'll go find her," said Natasha and skipped off.

Natasha was one of those friends you regretted being friends with. Once you're a little nice to her, she clung onto you like glue and expected you to be her best friend, even though she didn't have any idea about friendship. She was very inconsiderate and immature, and expected you to listen to her and agree with whatever you said.