Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I woke up to a foggy morning. White fog hung desolately in a thick blanket outside my window. I shivered when I saw that I had slept in my clothes over the bedcovers, and I dragged myself out of bed to the bathroom.

Memories of last night came rushing back to me when I saw my puffy red eyes and ruined eyeliner.

"I don't think I can fall in love with someone else after you…that's what's making it so painful…"

He was in love with me.

"It's not like you could stop this and we'd runaway or something."

"Couldn't we do that?"

He had sounded so hopeful. Yes, he was being ridiculously immature, but he wanted to runaway with me.

"I guess you are too young then."

And he just walked away.

All of a sudden, I felt angry. Why didn't he tell me this earlier? How could he tell me that he was in love with me and then just run off? He's twenty years old for crying out loud! I thought older people were more logical?

Splashing water on my face, I freshened up and went downstairs for breakfast. Mum had left cereal on the table for me as she fixed Sasha up for school. Her school still had to close for the winter holidays.

"Hey, mum, when're the Adams leaving?" I tried to ask nonchalantly as I ate my cereal.

Mum brushed Sasha's hair as she answered, "Hmm…I think day after tomorrow."

"What the -" I stopped, as my mum gave me a chilling look. Sasha giggled.

"Sissy was about to curse," sang my lovely sister.

"Shuddup," I mumbled sourly, waging war on my cereal.

Mum fixed up Sasha's uniform and tie and patted her rear end. "Run along now. Daddy's waiting on the driveway."

Sasha hugged mum and gave me a thump on the head before she skipped out of the house. Mum took a seat across from me.

"Is something wrong, Rebecca?" she asked.

I shook my head furiously. "Nope."

"Have you been crying?"

"Er…no…I just didn't get enough sleep."

Yeah, lying was bad, but I couldn't tell her that I was crying for this twenty year old who broke my heart.

"Hmm…that's strange, because I popped into your room last night and you were sleeping like a baby…in your clothes," said mum.

Damn it.

"Well duh, mum, I sleep in clothes. If you pop in like that, you wouldn't want to see me without them, yeah?"

She rolled her eyes. "You know what I mean, Rebecca. Now tell me…is anything wrong? Did something happen?"

Except for my heart getting stolen? Nope.

"Is something supposed to happen?" I asked my mum back.

She sighed. "Alright alright. I won't ask anymore…just know that I'm here if you want to talk."

I shrugged. "Yeah, sure." After 2 years. When I'm an adult and there won't be any awkward questions, I added in my head.

"Do we have to lock you two in a closet again?"

Cupid Hates Me ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें