Chapter 16

Chapter 16

What did I do? Why the heck did I say that to him? Why why why?

Gee, thanks. How long do I have to pretend that you're my boyfriend?

Jeez, was I rude or what?

I groaned, letting my head fall on the table with a thud. God, I'm such a bloody idiot. No wonder I had such bad luck with love. I said the worst things at the worst times.

We can stop pretending if you want…

What did he mean by that? Did he mean he would stop pretending cause it bothered me or because he wanted it to be something more…

I rolled my eyes at myself. Silly me. Why would he want it to be something more? I'm just a friend. Friends don't want anything more.

I pulled out my mp3 player from my drawer, plugging in the headphones to my ears. Ah, music was the best thing to calm one's nerves.

"I hate feeling like this, I'm so tired of trying to fight this…I'm asleep and all I dream of is waking to you…"

I gritted my teeth. What the heck? Was my mp3 psychic or something? I quickly hit the 'next' button.

"The broken locks were a warning, you got inside my head…I tried my best to be guarded…I'm an open book instead…"

I almost felt tears welling up in my eyes. No. No. No. I wasn't going to cry just because a song clearly dictated my feelings. I hit the 'next' button again.

"I've been watching, but the stars refuse to shine…I've been searching but I just don't see the signs…I know that it's out there…there's got to be something for my soul somewhere…"

Yeah, I thought. And that something's name happens to start with a 'J'. And he's got black hair, black eyes, is five foot eleven inches tall and has an adorable goatee and a smile that simply melts your heart.

I sighed. It has been two days since I last saw him. He didn't call. Neither did I. I saw him online, but didn't send each other any IMs.

"How the hell did we wind up like this? Why weren't we able, to see the signs that we missed? Someday, somehow…I'm gonna make it all right…"

Ugh, that's it! My room was suffocating me. I had to get out of here.

Don't ask me how I happened to be in Leon's house. I was a bit confused about it myself. One minute, I was walking down my street, and the next, I was hauled inside a shiny red Porsche by a red-haired guy. And inside this shiny red Porsche was a black-haired guy with shiny pink shoes, a blonde with his hands on the shiny black steering wheel, and a spectacled red-headed girl with shiny white teeth.

Yes, this incident had shocked me so much that everything was looking shiny to me.

So, after much cursing, I found out that these lovely people had kidnapped me because they were tired of me moping in the house. It was winter holidays after all, and one shouldn't mope in the house. I mean, everyone wanted to freeze to death outside, right?

No, they didn't, I told Hayden. But who listens to me these days?

So, I then found myself in the practice room, surrounded by Leon, Kurt, Hayden, Michelle and Penelope. I was painfully aware of one missing person. But I kept my mouth shut as my male kidnappers played with their instruments and my female betrayers sat beside me, chatting about things that went into one ear and out through the other. In simpler words: I had no idea what they were talking about. My eyes were fixed onto the door, waiting for it to open any moment and for a certain someone to barge inside and…