Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Well, this certainly wasn't the way I expected my first kiss to go.

I was simply clueless as to what I was supposed to do. My eyes were wide open, though that didn't matter for it was dark anyway. I held my breath, and my fingers clutched onto Jake's t-shirt for dear life.

But, oh my, his lips were soft. Sadly, they were only on mine for a maximum of five seconds.

He pulled away, breathing heavily, and I almost gasped at the sudden loss of contact. Damn, how I wished I could look into his eyes right then.

"I'd wanted to do that for a long time now," he whispered huskily.

I cleared my throat, and opened my mouth, but no sound came out. "I - I - that - I'm confused," I managed to stutter.

He rested his forehead against mine and asked, "Why?" My lips almost ached to feel his again when his breath fanned my face. I was suddenly unable to think. Especially when I felt his hands running up and down my arms, sending tingles down my spine.

"Uh...well...could you stop distracting me?" I said in a rush.

I'm sure he was smirking, but he stopped moving his hands. Instead, he moved his lips to my ear and whispered, "I missed you." Then he kissed my jaw and slightly pulled away. "Promise me you won't ever 'ignore' me again. It was driving me insane."

I don't think I'd ever be able to ignore you after that kiss, I almost said out loud.

He chuckled. "Well, I'm glad you're honest," he said.

Oh, shit. I had said that out loud. I'm sure I was blushing as red as a tomato too.

"You know," he said. "That was my first kiss."

My mouth fell open with a pop. "You're joking," I said incredulously.

I felt him shake his head. "Nope. I just lost my lip virginity to you, Miss Rebecca Smith. How does that make you feel?" he said.

"I do not believe you," I said. "How can someone as hot as you not have had their first kiss?"

I immediately snapped my mouth shut after I blurted that out. What the heck was wrong with me? Why was I saying things like that? I'm feeling light-headed...

Jake laughed and kissed my nose. "I didn't find the right girl...until now."

I was touched, even though what he said was too cliché.

"But, this doesn't make sense," I started. "That day, you told Leon that you didn't have feelings for me..."

He cupped my face in his hands and leaned forwards, his lips almost touching mine.

"That would be a huge lie," he said softly.

I was rendered speechless. He took one of my hands and raised it to his chest.

"Feel that?" he asked. "You make it beat like that."

Wow, was the only coherent thought that crossed my mind.

He slid his hand down from my cheek to my back and pulled me even closer to him. This time my eyes fluttered closed of their own accord, as he once more melded his lips to mine. I felt his other hand move slowly up my arm and caress my hair. I kissed him back, locking my arms around his neck and finally fulfilling my wish of running my fingers through his hair. I didn't - couldn't - think. It felt natural, as if we'd done this a thousand times before. Unlike the last one, which was unexpected and sudden, he moved his lips slowly over mine; letting me savour the sensation, making me wish for this to last forever.

But of course, it couldn't because we were locked in a closet, and had to be let out sometime, right?

And that 'sometime' happened to be in the middle of our perfect kiss.

The door I was leaning on suddenly opened and we stumbled to the floor, with me sandwiched between Jake and the floor.

"Are you two done yet?" asked Hayden, looking at us in mild amusement.

I swear I heard Jake growl. He heaved himself off me and was giving Hayden the death glare, who looked unfazed.

"You...are so going to pay..." threatened Jake, advancing menacingly towards Hayden.

Hayden rolled his eyes. "I did you a favour, dude. If it wasn't for us, you would've never made a move," he said, looking at his fingernails lazily.

"Oh, I'm not talking about that," said Jake. "Why the hell did you knock me out and tie me up?"

Now Hayden looked uneasy, and tried to subtly back away. "Um...well, I always wanted to try out kidnapping...it looks so cool in the movies..."

This time, Jake did growl, and lunged at Hayden who yelped and ran. It was very hilarious to see two men running around like children and we all burst into laughter.

Penelope nudged me. "Details," she demanded.

"Egh, no thanks," said Michelle. "I'm pretty sure they made out in there."

I felt a blush creeping up my neck, but didn't dare open my mouth. They sniggered, high-fiving each other.

"Finally," they exclaimed together.

I covered my face with my hands. "This is so embarrassing," I mumbled.

"Don't worry," said Leon. "We left the room to get lunch, so we didn't hear whatever went on in there."

This only caused my cheeks to heat up more. I felt two arms encircling my waist from behind. I removed my hands from my face and tilted back my head on Jake's shoulder. He was smiling serenely, looking at me. He made to lean his head to kiss me, when he stopped, frowning and gazing at my lips.

"What the - did I do that?" he asked, horrified.

"What?" I asked, self-consciously touching my lips. They stung when I touched. Ouch.

Michelle peered closely at me, smirking. "That looks like a love-bite...on the lips..." she and Penelope burst into snickers again and making me wonder if blushing too much would make it permanent on my skin

"Dude, getting rough on the first day?" teased Hayden.

Jake glared at Hayden. "It happened when you opened the door and I fell on her, dumbass," he snapped.

Hayden only shrugged. "Not my fault you're a bad kisser," he muttered, high-fiving Kurt and Leon.

Jake ignored them and turned to me again. "Sorry, hun. Let me kiss it better," he said with a grin, before giving me a soft peck on the lips.

At which, Penelope and Michelle 'aww-ed' and the guys went, "Dude, get a room!"

But all I could think was that life couldn't get any better.