ch14. His Amaryllis

"MY AUNT, YOUR MOTHER KILLED HERSELF," Josh yelled. "JOSH!" uncle glared at him. "What!" I asked shocked.

"This can't be true!" I shook my head no. "Dila if you deny it, it will be harder," Uncle said.l

"No! Mom was killed," I told them and they sighed heavily. "She wasn't killed by the guard-"

"Yes, I know! She was killed when the fire started." I told them and they looked at me surprised. "How do you know about the fire?" uncle asked me. "She knows everything," Ashton announced. "Uncle, have you read her journal?" I asked him and he looked at me confused. "Mom was writing in her journal and she wrote this!"  I showed him the paper.

I am smelling gas, there is a fire in the house. I wanted to ask for help but I saw Maxwell walking out. I am trying to scream for help, I feel that I ... am going to blackout.

Amaryllis-

"She had a journal but it was burnt," Dominic said and I shook my head no. "She threw it away," I said. "Or it fell." I thought. "Where is the Journal?" Uncle asked. "With Maxwell," Ashton stated.

"You are saying that my sister didn't kill herself but was killed?" He asked me. I nodded, he fell on his knees crying. "I thought she killed herself." He cried out. Josh kneeled beside him as he hugged his father. I was crying too, Ashton had his arms open for me. "Maxwell killed my sister and I let him stay with us, I let him be with you and your son," Dominic whispered. "I am sorry for not investigating more... I was devastated when I knew my sister killed herself." He told me. "Uncle, We need to get that journal and I want Maxwell to be in jail!" I said. He nodded, "I don't have a right to put him in jail but you do..." he looked at his hands. "My father killed his son, so he took revenge." He said.

"Why didn't you tell me from the start?" I asked him. "Because I thought she suicide. I didn't want you to hate your mother... all she wanted for you is to be safe and happy." Uncle admitted. "I am sorry to push you out," I told him and he hugged me tightly.

"I would never blame you for anything." He said kissing my head. "I am going to get Xavier, stay here for today if you don't mind," I told him and he nodded. "I would love to..." he told me. "Are you inviting me too?" Josh asked me. "Yeah dummy! I am." I rolled my eyes at him. "Well, good. I was staying anyway." He said falling on the couch as he turned the T.V on as nothing happened. "Get me, my nephew." He said and got a hit on his head by his father. "So rude!" He hissed at his son. I chuckled.

I and Ashton went to get Xavier, I went to a flower shop and got a bouquet of Amaryllis flowers, Ashton grinned when he saw me. "Let's meet the parents." He nodded and I smiled. He knew me so well.

When I parked outside the cemetery, I went to my mother's grave. There was someone there, a woman crying. "I swear I did not know." The woman was repeating over and over. "If I knew, I would never do that. I would tell her our stories." She cried.

We walked closer and I can recognize her. She was Clarissa Hawk. "Dila, please forgive me... I can't believe it, I hoped to find your daughter and as I promised you, I will let my son marry her... they were married and I ruined it for them. I tortured your daughter." She cried. "I am sorry... I am very sorry." She sobbed. "I remember when you hold Ashton in your hand and you told me that you wanted your first baby to be a girl... dreaming about making our children get married... I saw our grandson... he is so beautiful... and cute." She chuckled. "I wish nothing of this happened, I wish we had normal lives." She said as she sighed heavily. "See you Tomorrow Dila." She whispered and turned around to be frightened by us. "Oh my god! What are you doing here?" She asked us.