ch1. His Amaryllis

A man walked to the front door. He knocked and waited for someone to open the door. When Dila's mother opened. She questioned him, he gave her a photo. "We need to talk." The man said seriously. Dila's mother started to cry. "Please, it's important." He said she let him in.

"Who are you?" Vanessa asked him, "I am the brother..." she nodded. She guided him toward the living room where her husband was sitting watching T.V.

"Jeremy.." Vanessa called Dila's father. She took his attention away from the T.V as he turned it off. "This is Dila brother... the Dila.," she whispered the last part. Jeremy's face drained out of colors. He stared afraid. "I see you have taken good care of my her... but it's time for her to know the truth... my father is dead.. he is no longer a threat," he said. "You can't touch my daughter!" Jeremy warned him afraid. "No, I am not here to hurt her. I am here to fulfill my sister's wish, after 20 years. My sister deserves to rest in peace." The man said.

"I am Dominic Vince... I have been searching for Dila for the past two years. I only know her name... it was hard but I managed to do it. My sister begged me before she died twenty years ago to protect her daughter from her father and to give her the heirs... her mother heirs." Dominic explained to them. "I am not trying to hurt your daughter or take her away... but I am trying to fulfill my sister's last wish," Dominic assured them, Dila's parents were having a second thought in their minds.

"Mom, dad.." Dila came downstairs looking at her best friend's father "you are?" She looked at him with cold eyes, the second Dominic saw her again with no makeup but puffy eyes, his eyes watered... she looks exactly like her mother he thought.

Dila pov:

I saw him sitting on the couch talking to my parents. Ashton's teacher is here, I think he is on his side, not mine... I could kick him out right now.. but the look my mother has was conneedneneneedded to take care of this. "Mom, dad.." I said walking toward them. I looked at Dominic and gave him the coldest look I had. "You are?" I asked him even though I know who he is, when his eyes watered I knew something was wrong, he couldn't be here for Ashton. "Hello, Dila Clive. I am Dominic Vince." He looked at my parents then kept his attention at me. "Are you familiar with Josh Vince?" He asked and I nodded annoyed, he is my best friend of course I know his father, they have a series of hotels worth billions... did Josh tell him to help me? That was a question my mind asked. "Yeah, I know your son, he is my best friend... may I ask what are you doing here?" I said as politely as possible. I just gave this man a bad appearance, cold look. Not everything about Ashton! My mind scolded me.

"Dila, could you please bring coffee." My mother asked me, I nodded and went to the kitchen. I heard them whisper. There is something behind this. I walked to the kitchen door slowly and eavesdropped. It's not a good thing but, if they are talking about Ashton I want to know. It's my problem!

"She is going through a hard time, please we don't want to make it harder for her." My dad said. "She is getting divorced from a well-known businessman Ashton Hawk. I know." Dominic said.

I know a lot of people knew this, not a shocker.

"But, I need to tell her. I might even help her by telling her. And I want to be with her. it's my sister's wish, to protect her.. she is still a young woman. I won't take her away..." he added.

Why would he take me away? That was a question to ask. And his sister's last wish is to protect me! Who the heck is she?! I wondered.

"We would break her heart, she is our daughter... you need to understand you have no rights. She is over eighteen so you can't!" My mom said on the average of crying. Her voice was broken. Wait I am over eighteen? What is he going to do?!