ch20. His Amaryllis

Ashton's pov:

I heard Dila humming in pain, she tried to move so I looked at her, it was dark. "Dila, you okay?" I asked her and didn't hear anything.

I looked at her but it was dark so I went to open the lights, I looked her way and I screamed. "Babe! DILA!" I shouted afraid at the sight, the whole bed was covered in blood. I grabbed my phone and called emergency, "Help! My wife... she is pregnant and bleeding." I yelled to the lady on the phone. "How far is she?" She asked, "I am sending an ambulance to your location right now." She told me."She is eight months... please hurry" I cried out, "is she awake?" She asked and I tried to shook her but I was afraid to hurt her. "no she isn't waking up..." I breathed heavily as I pulled the sheet up. I saw the pool of blood.

"Ashton? What's wrong?" I heard her mom comes in. I looked at her crying. "Oh my god! Dila!" She said coming to her side. "JAMES!" She called for her dad, "what happened?" She asked and I shook my head not knowing. "I called an ambulance." I told her, her father walked in and gasped. "She is not waking up!" Her mother shook her, "oh my god! DILA!" I shouted as I kneeled beside her and picked her up... "babe! Wake up please!"

"The ambulance is here." I heard Josh yell as he walked in with two paramedics. I rushed with Dila in my hands and put her on the bed they brought. The ran to the ambulance, I saw her father trying to run but fall. He wasn't that strong yet. "I'll go with her!" I told her parents and they nodded. I jumped into the ambulance and they moved. "She lost a lot of blood!" The female said, she put sensors on her chest. "Her pulse is weak!" The other one announced. "Let's put an IV first." They were working and I grabbed Dila's hand. Why did this happened? You were fine, only tired... I love you, please don't leave me. I can't without you.

When we reached the hospital, our gynecologist came and she rushed to the OR, after a while the doctor came out. "Ashton!" She called me. "Dila! How is she?" I asked nervous. "Her Placentae is bleeding as the amniotic sac that holds the baby split from its place, the placentae is bleeding now and the baby is not getting enough oxygen so we need to get the baby out but I need your confirmation on who to save if I had to?" She asked and I looked at her afraid. "No... you must save them both... I beg you doctor!" I yelled falling to my knees. "I hope I can, think very well." She said before running back inside. Her uncle arrived, he spotted me on the ground and slide fast next to me. "What happened?" He asked.

"She said she needs to deliver, and I might have to choose who to save... I can't! I won't choose between Dila and my baby..." I told him shivering. I heard sobbing and I saw her family around me.

We waited for an hour, until the doctor came out. "Did you choose, we don't have time!" She shouted and I froze in my spot. I saw her mother collapsing to the floor with her husband beside her, Josh hold his father as he was about to fall. "No, please do anything! Save them... please!" I sobbed and the doctor shook her head. "We need a decision! Now..."

I looked at her family. "I want my daughter!" Her mother shouted, "you want your child..." she continued. "There is nothing to choose... save who can live doctor." She sobbed again clutching her husband. "We need a decision-"

"Doctor! The mother's heart stopped." A nurse ran out, "it's too late for a decision, let's save the child..." she said running back inside and I collapsed to the floor. "NO! DILA! SAVE HER PLEASE...." I yelled as I couldn't breathe anymore, I felt a seizure coming and I was scared. My sickness is back!

"Help! He is having a seizure!" I heard Josh yell and some nurses came around me. They injected something and I blacked out.

I woke up and saw my mother beside me. "Mom... what happened?" I asked her. I heard a sniff, and I felt everything coming back to me. "Mom! Dila?" I asked scared. "She is still in surgery, they are trying okay babe... please stay calm." She grabbed my hand. "I need to see her." I said and stood from the bed, her mother walked in with a little baby in her hands, she was sobbing silently. "Ashton..." she whispered looking at me, "this is your daughter..." she said as she gave her to me. "Oh my god!" I shook as I grabbed her, she was so tiny. "Dila? How is she?" I asked scared, she shook her head no. "The doctor is still inside, the nurse brought her out..." she told me, I looked at my daughter, she had the bluest eyes I've seen, just like her mother.