ch17. His Amaryllis

The doctors and nurses rushed in, they looked at Xavier and I took him off my father. "We need to take off the tube." The doctor ordered. They started working and they put the oxygen mask on. "Mr. Black, can you hear me?" The doctor asked. I saw my father's eyes blink twice. "Get me water."

Dad drank water and coughed a lot. He tried to hold the cup and succeeded. "Mr. Black, can you speak?" The doctor asked. "Yes, doctor." My eyes were fulled of tears now. "Let's do some check ups." He told the nurses, they told me to wait outside.

I saw Logan with a tray of food. "Ms. Dila, I got you breakfast, your dad is on his way here." He informed me. "Dad, he is awake." I told him whispering. He looked at me shocked. "What do you mean awake?" He asked and I nodded as he squealed.

" oh my god, I have to tell Mr. Black-" he stopped when he realized everything. "Oh no..." he sat on a chair as I sat beside him. "Xavier took his oxygen tube off, I didn't notice. I was asleep." I told him and he nodded. "Yes, you slept the whole night, Xavier was asleep when I left to get you breakfast..." he told me and I sighed. "Ms. Dila, you father is ready, he asked for you." The doctor informed me. "Is everything okay with him?" I asked him. "Well, his muscles are sore. So he can move but can't walk... with exercises he should be fine." The doctor assured me. "But we need to keep an eye on him. For now." He told me and I nodded. I hold Xavier tight and walked in with Logan. "Dila..." he called me. I sobbed, Logan patted my back. "Who is he?" He asked me. "That's Logan, your father's assistant." He nodded. "Please, let me hold Amaryllis." He told me as he looked at Xavier.

"What?" I asked him un sure. "Dila, you okay?" He asked me. He thinks I am mom? My brain questioned. "Dad, I am... Amaryllis." I whispered and he looked at me in disbelief. "What are you talking about?" He asked, I looked at the doctor. "Mr. Black, what year do you think we are in?" He asked him.

"Uh, I guess it's...." he looked at the doctor afraid. "How many days was I in coma?" He asked clearly afraid. "You've been in coma for 23 years." He stated. Dad swallowed hard and looked at me. "Where is your mother?" He asked me. I gulped, "mom died 20 years ago." I told him and his tears rolled down.

"No, no way, she was right here with me... what did you do?!" He yelled at the doctor. "I was with her, we were raising Amaryllis together... we..." he stopped talking as the nurse inject him with a medication. "Dila..." he whispered then fell asleep.

I grabbed his hand as I cried out. "I am sorry dad, I am sorry..." Logan patted my back until I calm down.

After two hours, dad woke up again. He was calm now. "Amaryllis..." he called and I grabbed his hand. "Yes dad." It was weird for me but I will get used to it. "Where is your grandpa?" He asked me. "He..." I was afraid he might get into a shock. "He died two days ago." I told him afraid. He gulped. "Dad, you want to meet your grandson?" I asked afraid he might breakdown again. "What?" He asked me. "Dad... this is Xavier." I took Xavier from Logan and showed my father. "Xavier?" He called unsure. I nodded. He put his arms up and I gave him Xavier. "Xavier..." his eyes teared up.

"Your mother is so beautiful, I never get to see her growing up.... I might see you grow up." He sighed hugging Xavier, "I am sorry Amaryllis, it must have been hard for you." He told me looking at me.

"No, dad... I had a great family... mom and dad were amazing and I also have a younger brother-"

"You were adopted?" He asked me and I stopped talking. "It's a long story Mr. Black. Let's focus on your health now then we will tell you everything in detail." Logan told him. I mouthed 'thank you'

"Okay, I won't ask on the past no more... but where is your husband?" He asked me looking at my ring. "He is overseas... I came here as soon as I knew you are here." I told him and he shook his head no, "there is a lot of questions going in my head-"