ch7. His Amaryllis

Dila's pov:

Josh and I walked into the Hawk Company, we went to the CEO office. I saw Alexandra pacing around. When she saw us, she stopped us. "There is a meeting inside." She stated, "this early! It's eight-thirty." I said.

"As the company is going through a crisis... we need to be ready so..." she started. "And we are training here so we should get inside," Josh said as he walked in, I followed him. Alexandra walked behind us but when Ashton nodded. She didn't push us back.

"So what is the meeting about?" Josh asked Ashton seriously. "Our company is broke..." an employee said.

"It is not broke yet, I am going to solve the problem." Ashton glared at the employee. "What happened? Why did your company reach this part?" Josh asked sitting on a chair as an employee gave him a file after Ashton approved. I sat beside Josh and read the file.

"We lost some important clients for the past year, we only have mini clients left." One explained. "We are trying to catch some big clients so we won't announce our bankruptcy." another employee added.

"Alright, let's continue," Ashton said, I took the file from Josh as I skimmed to the client part.
"Sir, if I may say this..." I started as all eyes were on me. "There are two clients we can make it work." I started. "If we reduced the amount we asked for... we might-"

"We can't reduce the amount, we are indeed for money." Someone said. "Yes we can, if we did then we can buy some time to add more clients," I explained and looked at Ashton who was thinking deeply. "We could do that!" He announced. "Sir, but-" a worker started to say... "I am selling my jet and yacht, my penthouse and villa... you can relax, I'll get some funds." He glanced at everyone.

"Let's see what we can give these clients an offer so they would pick us, not everything about the money." He said looking down at his files.

He is selling the villa and the penthouse... the penthouse where everything started... my brain whispered. I don't care about the villa... it held bad memories, my brain added. I know, it held bad memories but, it's where Xavier... no, it's where you got framed and dumped. I thought.

The penthouse is okay, it's the first time you confess your love... it all started there, you started your dream there, that's what you should buy. I thought, wait! Who said anything about buying...

"Hey, you okay?" Josh asked me, I looked at him. "Ashton asked you a question." He told me looking at Ashton, "yeah, what?" I asked. "Can you come here... both of you?" He told us, we nodded and walked beside him. "This is the client's file, I want you both to search for everything about them. Study these files we will make an appointment with them Tomorrow." He said and we nodded. We took the files and went outside.

Josh went to work in the lobby, I told him I wanted to ask Alexandra something. "Yes?" Alexandra said when she noticed me. "Ashton is selling his houses..." I started. "Yes, he already sold all his car leaving only one. And his jet is being sold right now.." she replied. "Uh... he is in a very bad situation then," I told her and she nodded. "Thank you," I said and went to the kitchen.

I called one person who wouldn't stop me from what I am going to do. I called Josh's best friend, Jason. "Hey there Dila." I heard his voice cheerfully. "Hi, I am about to ask you for a very big favor," I said quickly.

"And since you are asking me then you don't want Josh to know or anyone else..." he continued. "True.." I trailed off. "Would you go out with me?" He asked and I laughed. "No, I would not go out with you..." I said and heard a sigh. "Would you let Xavier go out with me?" He asked making me laugh more. "I don't trust you with Xavier." I said and heard another sigh... "you know, if it is a bad thing then Josh would kill me." He said, "at least give me something..." he whined and I laughed. "Alright, I will invite you over dinner tonight... and you can play with Xavier," I said and he squealed. "Alright, what do you want?" He asked me.