ch16. His Amarylllis

"Do you have the result?" Ashton looked at the nurse. "Yes, the doctor will talk to you. Room 112." She said we went to his room.

"Mr. Hawk welcome." He greeted us. "Firstly, there is nothing wrong... and Secondly, congratulations... your wife is pregnant." He told us. "Oh I know I am pregnant... but the tests are not for me.." I informed him. "It's for my sister... she isn't here today," Ashton told him. "Well, she is pregnant." He declared. "Are you sure? I don't want to give her false hope.." Ashton asked him.

"Bring her for more tests but what I see here is a positive pregnancy." He said looking through papers. "Thank you, doctor." We went out. "Can you believe it?" I asked him. "There will be a lot of grandchildren in the family." He grinned.

"Well, I hope so... because I want to have a big family," I admitted. We heard Ashton's phone ringing. "It's Derek." He replied. "Yes, I'll pick you up."

"They are coming back. Natalie is very sick.. she is throwing up every time she eats." Ashton smirked, I laughed. "Well, she would be happy knowing it's from pregnancy."

At the car, we were arguing about whether to take Natalie to the hospital or home. "I just need to rest," Natalie argued. "No, we need to know you are okay." Derek sighed. "Let's head home now and make an appointment with the family doctor," Ashton suggested. "No! I don't want to lose my wife!" Derek yelled. "You aren't going to lose her!" I yelled back. and that's how we had a very heated argument.

"CHILL SHE IS PREGNANT!" Ashton yelled and we went silent. "What?" Natalie said confused. "You know she can't-"

"Well she is and I don't freaking know how... wait I know the way but that's not the point!" Ashton said blushing and he sighed heavily. "You know the way..." I teased and laughed so hard.

"What are you saying, Ashton?" Derek asked him. "I made Natalie pee in a cup and I tested, the results were positive. She is pregnant." Ashton announced as he glanced through the rearview mirror. There was a moment of silence, we were all shocked even me when I already know.

"To the hospital! NOW!" Natalie ordered. Ashton speeds up.

After two hours of giving blood and waiting in the hospital, we had the results that confirm Natalie is pregnant. She was astonished that she read the paper over and over. We took them home and went back to our house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes, babe... I will talk to her but She is pregnant now, let me ask the doctor first." I heard Ashton talking. "I will never leave you." He said again. "I love you too." I glanced at Ashton, he put his phone away. I yawned, "who were you talking to?" I asked him. "Natalie?" He asked me. I looked at him confused. "Mom... about Natalie." He said and I sensed he was nervous. "Is everything okay?" I asked him and he nodded. "I'll go see Xavier." He said but we were surprised when we heard a squeal. I looked at the door and saw Xavier. "Holy crap!" I whispered. Ashton kneeled and opened his arms. Xavier ran to him. "You naughty boy, where you listening to us?" Ashton asked him as he lifts himYyyyyyyeeaaaah!" He shouted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was having a shower and thinking of what I heard. He called her babe! He promised he will never leave. Who could it be? Of course not his mother, I am not stupid. I'll look into it. "Dila!" I heard Ashton shout. "Yeah?" I asked. "Dominic wants to see you ASAP!" He said through the door. I finished quickly and get a towel. "What is it?" I asked as soon as I saw him. "Your grandfather is in hospital, he is begging to see you." He told me. I sat on the bed, what should I do? He was the one who killed my mother. Even though I didn't see her but I am still hurt by the fact that I could've been with her now, or I might have seen her.