chapter 10

"Arielle? Sorry I bothered you but you fell asleep and almost missed your class. Your class will start in 5 minutes. I just finished." Harry .. he woke me from my sleep. I dreamed?

"In 5 minutes? Oh my god damn me." I hurried up and took my bag, ran to the door and said "Thank you for borrowing your comfortable bed, I'll see you later"

There is nothing else in my brain but the dream images. I almost kissed him! what's in the world in my mind?

No-no I gotta forget that, I gotta focus, come on Arie!

.
" 'Astronomy is useful because it raises us above ourselves, it's useful because it's grand, It shows us how small is man's body, how great his mind, since his intelligence can embrace the whole of this dazzling immensity, where his body is only an obscure point, and enjoy its silent harmony.'
that's what Henri Poincare said, he's a physicist. we feel our own harmony in silence, just as no one else knows how we feel about something. Ok, so that's it for today until we meet in the next class" my physics lecturer said.
.
I left the auditorium together with the other students. With no direction, I visited Marcie's room, to check if she was done.

I knocked on the door of her dormitory, and she opened to let me in.

"How was your test?" I asked opening the conversation and put my bag.

"It's not what I thought, this time it's really hard for me to pass." She said tiredly while sipping water

"At least you put in the effort, and there's plenty of time to spare if you catch up on the important stuff." I explained

"You're going with Harry?" She asked

"Yes, but i still don't know where he took me."

"will be exciting" Marcie giggled

.

I went home.

There were still about 3 hours until Harry picked me up, and I thought about my outfit. I don't know what to wear to make it look pretty in his eyes. And why of all the girls, he chose me to go with?

I lay my body on the bed while thinking about my outfit until it finally occurred to me that I would wear a short sleeve flower dress.

.

after a few hours, it was time for him to pick me up. I walked towards the corridor of the house until I stood right in front of the door. inhaled slowly, and exhaled. slowly opened the door, and saw that he was wearing a gray long-sleeved shirt.

.

"Do our clothes match?" he said with a smile.

"not really, but should I change my clothes?" I replied holding this piece of cloth.

"Hahaha no! You look beautiful in that." he smirked.

"Oh, that crap of yours!" I'm chattering

"Oh my god you don't believe me?"

"Alright let's go"

he led me to that '70s Ford Bronco.
what a classic tale.

"This car is rare, I've rarely seen it" I said as I entered the car.

"Oh I don't think you've seen it?"

"I'm not that millennial Harry!" i punched his shoulder and, he laughed.

.

Filling the silence, I started the conversation.

"So why did you move to Milestone?"

"Didn't you already ask that?" he smiled.

"Uhm really? I don't even remember."

"Okay I mean, why did you choose Milestone over Crawford?" I asked to clarify.

"Oh so you mean why I chose Milestone College over Crawford College?" he asked

"Yeah. Aren't there a lot of students from your high school too?"

"Yeah, a lot of my friends there, you can say I'm a school star."

"Ugh stop."

"Many friends, but no bestfriends. I even forgot about Crawford. My only goal is Milestone." He said while driving.

"Could you ever come back to New York again?"

He fell silent as if consumed by my words.

"I don't think so. uhm i won't" he insisted

"oh okay." I frowned, confused by his answer.

This car keeps going, through between two hills.
The side street lamps started to glow and the sun almost drowned itself. but the color of the sky hasn't changed, the streak of sky light hasn't radiated its beauty.

Suddenly He said that we had arrived.

This car stops facing the sun, with a view of tall buildings that are far away and look small.

"So here?" I asked

"Yes, here."

We got out of the car, I put on my jacket because the wind was blowing quite cold.

I leaned my body against the bumper of the car. I focused on the truly stunning scenery. the sun was setting on the west side of the city.

"We're out of town," he said, taking out a white picnic blanket and spreading it beside the car.

He sat down and invited me.

He took out his analog camera and said
"Memories are precious. Say cheese!"

and we took one shot.

"So, for what reason did you bring me here?" I turned to him who was about to take a picture of me.

I smiled shyly at the camera.

"I pass by this place many times, but I never stop my car here. I think it would be great if the time was right to stop here."

"right timing? what do you mean? and why do you often pass by this place? Isn't this the way out of town?."

somehow I suddenly became very curious. full of questions popped into my head.

"Yes, since high school. I often go out of town, to find peace."

"I see. It seems you really like being alone, don't you?"

"Yeah, alone." he smiled faintly looking at the city.

We looked away from each other, he played with his analog camera and I continued to stare at the city.
A tinge of purple-pink scattered across the sky. the sun is barely visible. The city lights from a distance can be seen emitting their light.

I saw him keep shooting the missed moments with his camera. including me, and this twilight sky.

"Just as beautiful." he said

"Who?"

"You and the sky."