chapter 1

".. you make me into someone I couldn't even imagine. You make me happy, even when you're awful. I would rather ...."

"Arielle, let's get out of this library." Marcie cut me off while i was reading a book leaning on the shelves.

"The next class is still in 4 hours,Mars." I replied while changing the page in the book I was reading.

"It's so boring you know, we better watch baseball practice, or go to the cafeteria, or whatever is more fun. Come on." she begged me to take me out of this library because I've spent 30 minutes just looking for references of interesting books.

Unfortunately, I haven't found anything interesting enough to borrow and read.

I'm also bored in this library alone so I accepted her offer.

"ergh okay-okay" I put the book back down and walked out with her.

.

We walked to Marcie's dorm room to get some notebooks so we could complete some assignments while in the cafeteria.

but our steps stopped when we saw 2 rooms opposite from Marcie's. there were several boys laughing and looked like they were welcoming someone.

but I didn't really care about it and went straight to Marcie's room.

I took my notebook in there,
yeah I left it here because I don't live in this college dorm.
my house wasn't far from my college. Honestly, I want to take the dormitory, so I don't have to bother my brother to take me every day. but I haven't had the opportunity to live independently.

.

I was done taking what I need while Marcie was still gaping at the door staring at those boys.

"Marcie, hurry up and don't waste time" I shouted and she answered in a very low voice

"It's really worth it if I have to stare at something like this."

I don't know what's inside her brain staring at those guys for a long minute.

until I shouted at her again and finally she took her needs.

.

I walked out the door,

and my eyes rest on the boy with curly medium length hair, wearing lilac sweater.

tall, charming, cute, an impressive smile, and heavenly eyes.

His movements were tuned in slow motion in my brain, his curly hair dangling and his hands pulling his hair back, makes him look even more charming.

is he even a human?

.

" i told you.." Marcie blurted out as she pulled my hand.

"what?"

she didn't answer.

and I let my head turn back one more time.

His crystal eyes met mine in a split second. then he threw his face away from me but the look in his eyes lingered in my mind until Marcie snapped me

"What do you want to order?"

"oh.. green tea latte"

"anything else?"

"nope"

then marcie walked away leaving me alone to take our drinks and snacks. I began to open my notebook and look for my tasks in the deadlines that I had noted down.

.

"heyy, mind if I join you?"

"oh heyy, of course not." I turned my face to him

"are you alone?"

"No, Marcie is taking our food. Where are your friends, zayn?" I asked while continuing to scribble my pen on the book

"They're at the gym" he explained

"and you?"

"Drawing" he smiled broadly by showing his sketch.

"cool!"

then Marcie came and joined our conversation.

"oh hi Zayn!"

"hi Marcella"

Marcie also sat in front of me.

"So he's moved here again?" Marcie asked as she unwrapped the burger. My eyes immediately glanced at her and wondered who she was referring to. Zayn finished a few scribbles on his sketch pad until finally his mouth made a sound and said

"Yes, I think so. You've seen him earlier, right?"

"yeah and I was really surprised, I didn't expect it. You know for sure" Marcie said

"sorry to interrupt your conversation guys, but let me know who the person you mean? " I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh my God, I forgot that you're not in the same high school as us" Marcie sipped her drink and cleared her throat.

"it was Harry Styles"

"who is he?" I'm confused because I've never heard that name before

"the boy who made me gaping at the door. and you too" Marcie explained

"well then?"

"yeah he was in New York before with.."

"Not the right time, Marcella" Zayn cut her off without even looking at us. He's still focused with his sketch but he heard our conversation. My face frowned seeing them as if they were covering something. I mean, I don't know who he is but yeah I also don't want to know much about that guy even though his gaze really stole my attention.

maybe this is something I don't need to know?

"Don't think too much about it, it doesn't matter to you" Zayn told me.

"I don't think I need either."

.

then we spent some of our time in the cafeteria until the next class started. pretty boring college life.

I went home immediately after class ended.

a tired and boring day.

when I got home, I immediately took a shower because I smell quite bad.

.

"Arielle! Do you know? we have new neighbor. their house is only a few yards from here." Aaron, my brother said to me surprisingly while I was watching a movie with the room lights off.

"Can you knock on the door before you come in? You pissed me off." i shouted at him

"Sorry, princess. Just want you to know that their daughter is very beautiful." he said beaming

"You have a girlfriend, idiot!" I pulled my blanket to keep out the cold.

"They also have a son, but I haven't seen him."

"Aaron please it's none of our business" I turned up the volume on my macbook to get him out of the room.

"who knows he can be your boyfriend? I feel sorry for my little sister who needs love " he stuck out his tongue and it really annoyed me.

"Aaron get out of here!" I shouted

and he closed the door with a mocking face.

such an idiot.