chapter 8

"Sorry, give me a few minutes, it must be Niall." He said apologetically.

"It's okay Harry."

he walked leaving the papers on his bed and opened the door to meet Niall.

And it looks like Niall was quite surprised to see me in Harry's dorm.

"Arielle?" Niall raised an eyebrow and pointed his index finger at me.

"Yes, it's me." I answered briefly.

"Oh she came here because I told her to, so what is the purpose of you here?" Harry said in a low voice and still leaned an arm against the end of the door.

"Did you forget? I wanted to borrow some of your course material while you were in New York." Niall answered and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

I've never seen Niall so diligent before, but he looked convincing this time. Maybe he needs it badly?

"Oh my God, I'll get it for a moment. But make sure you return it next week." Harry walked to a drawer and picked up some books.

"Here what you need. I have summarized some material in this book. And don't change anything in this book." He pointed to a book covered in leather.

The book looks aged, and has carvings on the leather cover. like quotes i think?

"Yes, I understood how important this book was from your middle school days, Harry." Niall snorted and smiled sharply like he knew why Harry didn't want anything to change in the book.

"Alright then." Harry replied quite indifferently.

"Bye Arielle!" Niall gave a wave and I replied.

Harry closed the door and took a deep breath, then he walked towards the bed to tidy up the papers earlier.

"Uhm Harry, so I'll have some free time tomorrow." I said breaking the silence.

"Well great, tomorrow I'll pick you up at home, and of course I'll be on time." He smiled showing his teeth.

"Where are we going?"

"Surely you will be interested and happy."

"I just want to adjust my outfit by the way."

"Oh, so outfit is so important for girls, huh?" He giggled and started tying his hair in a half bun. And it's cute.

"Of course, For example when you are going to the Mountains but you wear a bikini, isn't that not suitable?" i raised my eyebrows toward him.

He laughed and the sound of his laughter filled the empty space of my heart, along with his footsteps walking toward me. Makes me lift my chin to reach his gaze and he's just.. beautiful.

"Okay-okay I accept that, wear clothes that you think are simple, cheerful and casual, maybe? Because I didn't take you to such a formal place. It just like kind of taking a drive and chill out, maybe?" He explained.

"Okay then, i'll meet you tomorrow. See you Ha—"

"Arielle..." He cut me off by holding my hand and put it on his chest.

" I - uh, Alright see you tomorrow" He swallowed hard and let go of my hand slowly, giving me a smile.

"Alright." I gave him a smile and walked out of his dorm.

It crossed my mind when I stepped out  and closed the door.

About his sketches...

I also grabbed the phone in my pocket and called Zayn to meet me at Lawn near the baseball field.

.

.

"Hey Arie!" Zayn tapped me on the shoulder from behind and began to sit up folding his knees.

he handed me a hotdog and sodas.

"Hey, thank you for this."

"Certainly. So, why did you ask me to come here? Is there something you need to ask?" He said, giving the first bite of his hotdog

"Oh yeah to be sure, that's why I asked you to come here."

"Uh-oh"

"Yeah so, is Harry a mysterious person? For someone he's just met."

"Uhm sorry?" He looked disbelieving at my question which headed straight about Harry.

"Yes, I'm seriously asking this, it's not wrong to make new friends anyway." I said casually and took a sip of my soda.

"No no, there is nothing wrong. It's just that I was quite surprised, I thought since my birthday yesterday, you've known him quite well."

"No, Zayn. He's my new neighbor and we're headed to your birthday because of circumstances. I don't want to say much about it. I just wanted to ask, so he likes to draw like you too?" I turned towards him, raised an eyebrow and took a bite of the hotdog.

"He started drawing since middle school, and as far as I know he only sketches abstractly and partially. That's cool to me, because someone's work depicts how he feels." Zayn explained and gave me the answer that Harry likes to draw.

"I was going to his dorm, yes a simple appointment because he asked me out. And I saw the sketches on the wall."

"I know those sketches from a long time ago, he kept them from high school. he had his own reasons and inspiration for drawing it."

I stared ahead, at the sea of green grass in my sight, listening to Zayn saying that Harry had his own reasons for drawing it all.

I mean, the painting has sections of long hair and pretty eyes, isn't that a girl?

a girl.
from his high school days.

.

Zayn never carelessly said, let alone about a drawing or painting. Zayn is the right person for asking about this. And I'm hundred percent sure that the sketch is a picture of a girl.

I don't have any problem because of that. It's just that, why is the restlessness so felt in my heart?

Is this jealousy?

I am nothing and I shouldn't feel this.

"You look quite taken aback?" Zayn snapped me.

"No no, I think it's pretty wonderful to hear that someone draws something according to his heart's and his own reasons." I'm evading his questions.

"Oh, yeah definitely."

i smiled and looking back at the view in front of me.

.

I returned home after spending my time chatting with Zayn.

Yes our conversation is enough to slap the reality of me who is Harry's secret admirer.
Marcie never said anything about girls Harry might have liked. But actually it's not in my interest, and not something I should know. But I don't know what I feel right now, I really want to know what kind of girl can steal his heart.

is perfect like him? or maybe something even more heavenly than him?

Wish I could be someone perfect enough to look at.

but I know, I'm not that person.

and I will never be.