chapter 14

I headed to Zayn's room while Harry entered his room without saying anything to me. It was quite strange after what we talked about earlier and he suddenly became quiet.

But I think it's enough for me to know more about it. I didn't want to fall too deep into a place that might have been torn apart many times.

"Hey, sorry I just woke up. My dream was beautiful enough that I didn't want to end it." Zayn said to me as he opened his bedroom door.

"No, it's not because of your dream, but it's you who is always sleepy." I laughed at myself, and so did he.

We walked a few steps to my room.

I brought about 4 boxes containing books, room decorations, and also the electronic devices that I usually use.

For about an hour and a half, Zayn and I were almost done with our work and we also intend to take a break, heading to the cafeteria to fill our stomachs.

there is no awkwardness between me and Zayn because since the beginning of entering this college he has been my group work partner.

We sat on chairs in the corner of the cafeteria near the place where the food would be taken.

"So green tea latte as usual?" Zayn asked me as he got up from his seat.

"Yes! and my breakfast menu as usual, and no beans." I answered and smiled at him.

"Okay, wait." Zayn went to the food court where lunch was taken.

While Zayn was still waiting for the food, Marcie and Louis came over to us and they joined us.

Zayn came back with the breakfast menu for the two of us.

"I see you're getting so close to Harry?" Marcie spit out her sentence.

"Actually, that's not a good thing." Louis completes Marcie's statement.

I was confused by what they said without the slightest gap. I mean, they're friends.

"I don't think so? Do you see it that way?" I asked pretending to be stupid.

"Of course yes!" Marcie furrowed her brow and opened her mouth wide as if she didn't agree with my statement.

"Okay, now just tell me what does 'that's not a good thing' mean?" I raised my eyebrows directing my eyes at the two of them.

Zayn stayed focused on his breakfast as if he really didn't want to hear this conversation.

"Zayn, I think we need to talk about this?" Marcie looked at Zayn who only responded by shrugging his shoulders. Zayn seemed to reject it.

"Hey, listen to me. whatever happens between the two of you or the three of you and Harry, it's really none of my business. We are just friends, just like three of you and me." I declared

"Okay-okay. Oh yeah by the way our high school party is almost here! uhm Arie, have you planned what clothes you will wear?" Marcie asked, trying to lighten the tension.

"Not yet." I said while biting the bacon.

"Let's we prepare everything, okay?" Marcie tugged at the strand of my hair with her finger and curled it while raising her eyebrows twice as if teasing me.

"Okay-okay." I replied unenthusiastically as if I didn't want to attend the homecoming party or reunion party or whatever.

.

After finishing breakfast and talking with Marcie and Louis, we went back to my dorm to clean up the leftovers.

Zayn is an Art-ist, he is able to decorate my room nicely, even more than that.

The dormitory bed was a single-size with a few sizable drawers underneath. The room is quite cozy and comfortable for myself. And I think I will spend 2 years or more to live in this place.

.

After finishing the room business, Zayn went back to his room to rest, while I walked to Marcie's room to think about preparations for her high school reunion party. I honestly don't really understand why she wanted me to prepare so well, when it wasn't a party from my high.

But I still do what she wants. When I opened the door to my room, I saw Harry's room was quite, I think he had class today, but I don't know? It felt strange when several hours without a word from him.

.

I entered Marcie's room and saw her lying on the bed staring at her phone.

"You're quite a mess." I said to her, turning around looking at the room she hasn't made up.

"I'm pretty lazy." She answered putting down her cell phone.

I rolled my eyes.

She also took me out, to a clothing store, and asked me to try some clothes of her choice.

"I'm bored with your party dresses, so I guess you should buy a new pair." Marcie said tilting her head back, with an annoying smile.

she selected several pairs of tops and bottoms.

the first pair she chose a flare pants with a crop cuff top, but less attractive.

Then the second she chose a bralette with a cardigan and shorts, but I didn't like it.

Until I chose it myself and it became a deal.

A black leather jacket with a brick red thigh-length skirt and a black sleeveless patterned crop top.

"sheesh" She whistled with a surprised face.

"You're going to rock the party." The next sentence she said.

"No mars, no." I said humbly.

Then I told her to choose the clothes she would wear, but it turned out that she had already prepared it from the start.

on the way back she said,

"Hey, I hope you can get yourself to have more confidence." She tapped my shoulder.

"Mars, I hope it's like that." I answered uncertainly.

"I know how your relationship with Reece didn't end well enough to make you who you are today. I mean, you don't seem to have the will to open your heart anymore." she advised.

"After all for whom and for what purpose does my heart accept another new person, Mars?" I asked putting a few strands of hair behind my ear.

"Louis and I are dating." She said in a whisper, not so surprising since Harry had already told of their closeness.

"Don't expect me to be surprised by that." I winked with an annoying face.

"I know who told you. What a curly-haired man." She said the facts.