part 18 || i'll tell the stars about you, kenma.

The sirens were just deaf sounds in Kozume's ears.

Everything was out of place.

Nothing made sense anymore.

The pain in his left hand didn't even register in his brain, the only thing he was thinking about is his Shōyō.

Where is he? Where is Shōyō? Where is he? Is he okay? Is he alright? What happened to him? Is he even.. alive? Kozume couldn't stop his thoughts. And how could he, when the scene infront of him was so terrifyingly horrific. Kozume sat atop an ambulance truck, being tended to. The car he was in was crushed. Completely crushed. It was almost a miracle Kozume only came out with a broken finger or two. But not Hinata.

The car was squeezed in between two semi-trucks. A back to back accident had occurred. The truck behind Hinata and Kozume's car had ran into them, pushing them forward into another truck. Or at least, that's what everyone's been telling Kozume. He doesn't know what happened, and he doesn't care; he only cares to see Hinata alive, breathing and walking.

"..ir?"
"Sir?"
"Sir Kozume?" A nurse had finally gotten Kozume's attention.
"Sir, we can't have you here. Your friend is in a critical condition and he needs to be taken care of." She said, angering and worrying Kozume at the same time.
"He's not my friend, he's my boyfriend, and I'm coming with." Kozume said, and went to get up, but the sharp pain in his shoulder made an appearance.

"Sir, you're not doing so well yourself, please let us treat you."
"I'm breathing! I'm fine! Let me go to Shōyō!" Kozume got up and shoved her out of his way, and ran to the sight of his favorite orange hair.
"Shōyō. Shōyō. Shōyō!" Kozume tried shaking Hinata awake, but to no avail. Kozume teared up, a painful expression painted his face. He felt a little squeeze on his hand, and looked back up at Hinata's face.

"H-hey, neko-chan-" Hinata started coughing violently, and his nose started bleeding. Kozume freaked out, not knowing what that indicates.
"Shōyō, please stay alive for me. I can't do this without you. We have to get engaged, and we have to get married, and maybe adopt a child or two, and we have to travel the world, and die together, but not like this, you can't fucking leave me!" By now, Kozume was hysterical, and freaking himself out into a panic attack.

"Hey, hey, calm d-down," Hinata paused, "I don't know what is going to happen, but I love you. I've never loved anyone else, but I love you." Hinata moves around the stretcher he's on until he can feel his pockets and takes out a box.
"This necklace... p-please wear it, baby. It's your engagement ring, I was s-saving it for tonight, but— life has different plans. Kozume K-Kenma, you're marrying me, right?" The nervousness in Hinata's voice could be heard.

"Yes. Yes. Yes, of course!" Kozume said repeatedly, not knowing wether he should cry or smile.
"Then kiss me, baby. I wanna feel your face close to me, right now." And with Hinata's request, Kozume leaned down, clasping his lips with Hinata's. The kiss tasted salty, metallic, and it tasted bittersweet. The tears pouring down both of their faces, Hinata's slightly bloodied gums, and the taste of peach rings they ate in the car before the accident were creating a memory to never be forgotten. Both tragically difficult to mentally handle but so emotionally rewarding for the heart.

"Kenma..." Hinata said in between their kisses.
"Know one thing, neko-chan.. I've always been in love with you." Hinata said now pulling away completely.
"Please don't speak, you're gonna make it. I know you will. You're my strong Shōyō and you're the love of my life, you're my fiancé and my future husband, the future dad to our kids and our cats. My favorite volleyball player, you're all of my favorites. You will survive this for me." Kozume said, his face looking puffy from the tears that have been streaming for long minutes now.

"Kenma, if I don't make it, p-please don't get hung up on me. You deserve the ab—s-solute world. Be happy for me, yeah?"
"Shōyō, please, I can't do this. You're the one I'm in love with so live for me! Me! Your Kenma! Your neko-chan! Your lover! YOURS. Live for what's yours to protect, Shōyō..!"

"Kenma?"
"Shōyō?"
"I'll tell the stars about you. All of them will be so jealous of my Kenma..." Shōyō said with the biggest smile on his face.
"Shōyō please don't leave me.. I don't like being alone.."
"My biggest regret was going to America, and not taking you with me." Hinata paused, "But I found you again."
"Come back home."
"Anywhere you are is home, Kenma. Of course I'm coming back." And with that, everything was in slow motion, they took Hinata away from Kozume.

They took him away, and the police kept pestering Kozume about everything, but he just couldn't hear them. He couldn't hear anyone or anything, he left helpless. Kozume cried out, and he fell to his knees with his head lowered, his body shaking with strong emotions. Two pairs of arms wrap around Kozume, and they hug him tight.
"Hey, Kenma, it's okay. I'm here for you, and Kei is here for you. You're coming with us." It was Kurō. Of course it was, Kurō always took care of Kozume, and vice versa.

Kozume had no strength to fight Kurō on his words, so all he did was bury his head into his best friend's chest, wrapping his arms around Kurō's back, and sobbing restlessly. Kurō had tears streaming down his face, he'd never seen his best friend this upset, this terrified, and this hopeless. He knew he would've felt the same way if it was Tsukishima in that situation. Eventually, Kozume Kenma fell asleep. He fell asleep in his best friend's arms, tired mentally, physically and spiritually. Kurō carried him to the back of his and Tsukishima's car, and laid him on the back seats carefully, covering him with a blanket.

"Tetsurō, I'm going with Shōyō. Stay with Kenma, he needs you. I'll call you about Shōyō, okay? I love you, please drive safe, and make sure he doesn't wake up in the middle of the car ride. He might be traumatized. Shōyō told me the other day that Kenma loves tea, make him some when you go back. I love you, I love you, I love you, be safe. Bye." Tsukishima kissed Kurō lovingly, and Kurō said his 'I love you' back, and drove away from the scene. He needed to make sure Kozume was okay, but he knew that no matter what, his heart is still going to be broken. Hinata might not wake up, and he wasn't safe right now.

Kurō hated the universe for what it did to Kozume and Hinata, and with that thought alone, he made it home safely. Kurō couldn't even begin to imagine the pain Kozume was experiencing, so he just silently cried for his best friend.

What a fucking day.