part 12 || fashion icon

Hinata was driving to the location of the restaurant, and his best friend and him just kept talking back and fourth about random things, bickering back and forth like usual. Hinata pulled the car into the parking lot of the restaurant and quickly jumped out to open the door for his best friend.
"You know you don't have to do that, Shōyō." Kozume blushed while mumbling the sentence.
"I always open the door for you Ken, it's not a big deal." Hinata pulled out their coats from the back seat and handed Kozume his coat.

"Put this coat on fashion icon, we got a dinner date to keep."
"Was that a Beetlejuice reference?" Kozume chuckled.
"I'm a whore for some good musicals, don't tell Kei though, he'll be a brat about it. He's always fishing for something to embarrass me with." Hinata smiled as he walked alongside Kozume to the entrance. The pair best friends was chuckling when they walked through the door, and the attention in the room went straight to them, and for whatever reason the room got quiet until Natsu spoke.

"Onii-chan! Kenma nii-chan!" She made her way to hug her brother and Kozume. Both wrapped their arms around her in greetings.
"Shōyō, my precious kouhai! You have gotten so tall! You're basically Lev!" Nishinoya's voice cut through the sibling moment, and Hinata snapped his head up to see his volleyball senpais.
"Noya!" Hinata pulled Nishinoya's smaller body into a hug. He has grown a little bit, but he's still the shortest here.
"Kouhai, you didn't forget about your Tanaka now did you?" And the chaotic trio once again was reunited. They were chatting and laughing, but Hinata wanted to see the rest of the team.

"Shō, you made it." Tsukishima got up off his seat to go hug his now close friend, and some of the team was a little shocked.
"When did you two get close like that?" Ennoshita's voice surprised Hinata, but it made him grin wide as he let go of Tsukishima's hug.
"Ennoshita! Hi, and to answer your question, Kei over here has been close with me since our third year of high school, and he visited me in the United States once or twice. I guess the rest of the team only caught up on our friendship when I came back." Tsukishima and Hinata just looked at eachother and chuckled.

Hinata finally caught a break and sat down at the table and pulled Kozume next to him. He looked around to see Sugawara laughing at something Daichi said, Azumane, Nishinoya and Tanaka poking fun at Kageyama and his little sister chatting with Yachi and Kiyoko. He saw Yamaguchi chuckling at some snarky insult Tsukishima threw at Kuroo who was also getting laughed at by Kozume. Narita and Kinnoshita were talking to their girlfriends, and Ennoshita was chatting with Takeda. He still didn't see Ukai anywhere so he just assumed that he was still cooking.

"Hinata!" Hinata's head snapped at the sound of Sugawara calling his name, and the team just laughed at him.
"Still a daydreamer, huh, Hinata?" Daichi smiled at the red head. Before he was able to get a word in, Tsukishima cut through with a comment.
"Wonder who you were daydreaming about, Shōyō." Tsukishima wiggled his eyebrows at the volleyball player, causing him to scowl.
"Shut up, Kei. Why don't you use those leashes outside of the bedroom for him, Kuroo?" The whole table howled in laughter, including Tsukishima.

"Because he might bite my dick off bro, what am I supposed to do without my baby maker, chibi-chan?" Kuroo faked sadness, only causing Kozume to hit him upside the head.
"You're gay. You don't really need it, you just adopt, dumbass." Kozume made the table laugh, it really was so nostalgic to see everyone joking around like they used to back in the old days.
"That hurt, Ken Ken." Kuroo just kept the conversation going.
"Ken right. Your gay ass is just here to annoy me." Tsukishima said smirking.
"You're the one who brought me here, Tsukki."

"Don't call me that. Just call me Kei. It's weird. We've been dating for years now and you still annoy me with that 'Tsukki' bullshit." Tsukishima visibly scrunched his face when his lover called him by an abbreviation of his last name. He liked hearing Kuroo say his first name.
"Hey, tangerine-" Kageyama was cut off by the siblings.
"Which one of us are you talking to, Bakayama?" Hinata and Natsu said in unison, getting chuckles from the rest.
"Oh my god, Natsu when have I ever called you a tangerine?" Kageyama responded.
"Don't ignore me, Baka!" Hinata threw a napkin at Kageyama, making him snap his head to the spiker.

"Boke Hinata!" Kageyama exclaimed, earning him a smack on the head from Natsu.
"That applies to me too, you idiot. I am Hinata too."
"Not for l-"
"Settle down brats, we're supposed to be eating soon!" Ukai finally decided to make an appearance.
"Coach! I just know you love me enough to make me some meat buns!" Of course, the first thing Ukai heard from the team sunshine was his wish for meat buns. Ukai looked up to see Hinata already heading towards him for a hug, and when finally embraced, they both were laughing with slight teary eyes.

Hinata was the captain of the volleyball team his third year, and it wasn't because of some favoritism. He's improved a lot, he wasn't just the greatest decoy anymore. Hinata is an adjustable setter, something he picked up from training a little with Oikawa, and a respectably fantastic ace, but he was also a great blocker. Believe it or not, his receives for a whole lot better, and every time Hinata receives the ball, he can't help but think of their used to be libero, Nishinoya. He really did miss his team, and he really wanted to play with them together again.

The evening was going great for everybody. Kozume didn't even realize how much he missed some people from around the table until now. He could've spent more time with Sugawara, Kuroo, and Tsukishima, but to be fair the only company he really missed was Natsu's. He wasn't a big fan of Kageyama back in the day, but now they come as a package deal, and Kozume didn't really mind it. He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Hinata whisper in his ear.

"Hey, you alright, Ken? You're spacing out a lot." Hinata looked at his best friend with worrisome eyes.
"I'm alright, just thinking about these people. It's been a while." Kozume tilted his head to the side, peering back up at Hinata, who seemed lost a little, but he had no idea it was because the way his hair fell from that head tilt was oh so heartbreakingly gorgeous Hinata could've died right then and there.
"... Shōyō?" Hinata snapped out of his little gaze, and looked back at Kozume.

"Yeah, it has been a while. Kenma?"
"Hmm?"
"Are you getting tired? I can feel your interaction battery running out, I know you're still not the best in the crowd."
"I'm alright, I've got my charger on me."
"Who?"
"You. You're literally leaning on me, and I'm good with that. You're a charger."
"Of course. Only for you." Hinata thought he got the last word when he uttered those words and threw a wink at Kozume.

"You're such a dumb bitch, Shōyō." The whole table looked over at that play insult, and at Hinata laughing.
"Yeah, but you're a dick to me, so it's fine. You love me, anyways. Wouldn't be always up on the right when you prefer left if you didn't." Unbeknownst to the table, he was talking about the bed they slept on.
"Yeah, well I'm just that nice for you, Shō- Wait! You know I prefer the left? And you still won't let me have it?" Tsukishima and Kuroo now understood what they were talking about, as did Natsu from the countless times she's caught them sleeping.

"If you wanna sleep on the left, you're gonna sleep on me because I'm not moving Kenma. I love the left." Sugawara, Daichi, Nishinoya, Natsu, Kuroo, and Tsukishima were giggling at the argument while the others were kind of shocked that they just said they slept on the same bed.
"Fucking bet, bitch. I love sleeping on the left, and you've taken my left. You can really not stop me from sleeping on the left tonight, on you or not. I want to sleep on the left." This is the most these people have probably heard him talk, but it wasn't out of the ordinary for Hinata, Tsukishima, or Kuroo.

"Try me, hoe. I might just strangle you with my weight. Don't cry to me in the morning saying I didn't warn you and ask for piggyback rides to and from your car." Hinata enjoyed fueling Kozume's fire. He thought it was so cute to see his best friend like this.
"I so don't do that."
"Yes, you do. You asked for one this morning when I woke you up for breakfast. You asked for one to your gaming corner. You asked for one after we slept for those two hours before coming here. You ask for them all the time, and I don't mind, but you so do ask for them." Kozume now felt his face flush. Did he really ask for them that often?

"Whatever, you ask for head massages every night."
"Yeah, I like your attention." Hinata said, and Kozume just looked at him like he confessed to killing his minecraft dogs.
"That's so embarrassing, shut up." Kozume replied.
"I won." Hinata smirked.
"I will beat your ass, Hinata Shōyō." Kozume's threat only caused the younger male to chuckle lowly.
"Senpai, you're making me blush. Truly, that's an honor. No one can get you as riled up as I can." Hinata just faced straight again only to find eyes of everybody on them.

Kozume Kenma.exe stopped working.