part 15 || paparazzi

Maybe not all were aware, but Daichi and Sugawara had been married for a while now. They married three years after leaving high school, and many people were there, excluding Hinata who was overseas and couldn't make it. Since it wasn't legal in Japan, they got married in Thailand, and had a celebration in Japan. They didn't change the last names, however, but Sugawara did add Daichi to his name. Now, he is Sugawara Daichi Kōshi, but many just call him Suga, like the old days. Even though it's not a recognized legal union, they were happy. Their marriage was reaching its fourth anniversary, and they wanted to celebrate it with friends, close friends. They'd sent invites to the team during Daichi's time as captain, some of their own senpais, and some of the outside friends.

"Hey, Kōshi?" Daichi voiced out. He didn't look troubled, but he looked confused.
"What's up, Sawa? Why do you look like I kicked your dog or something?" Sugawara joked in hopes to lighten up the mood, and it seemed to work.
"Yeah, it's just that I was thinking about inviting the captains of the volleyball teams when I was one too. Would you mind?" Daichi asked.
"No, I don't really care. They're good friends of ours, right?" Sugawara smiled.

"Thank you, sugar. How am I going to contact them, though?" Daichi mumbled.
"Well, it's been years, but don't you guys still have that captain group chat? Remember, the one where you figured out how to get around your significant others and go get drunk?" Sugawara said in a jokingly accusing tone.
"You're right!" Daichi smiled at his husband, pulled him in for a kiss, and stroked his neck with a gentle thumb.
"You're the best, sugar. You know that, right?" Daichi whispered against Sugawara's lips, and Sugawara still got butterflies.

"No matter how much time passes, you still give me butterflies. You are the best, but also the worst." Sugawara responded.
"How am I the worst?"
"You make me fall for you more and more each day. It's honestly scary loving this much. Spare me, Daichi Sawamura, I am at my limit." Sugawara said dramatically, and the whole time Daichi was looking at him, it made him fall so much more for the husband he had in his hands.
"I'm in love with you, Daichi Kōshi." The taller man exclaimed, cutting off his lover's dramatic acts.
"I'm in love with you, Sawamura. Now get on with that invite, we need to figure out the numbers." Sugawara gave his husband one last kiss before going off to cook some lunch. Today was his day to cook.

Daichi looked through his phone and finally found the captain's group chat, and chuckled at the silly name.

packing captains

daichi
hey, anyone alive?

great king is online
ushiwaka is online
terushima is online
kita is online

kita
daichi?
oh my god it's been ages since this chat
was last in use dude

ushiwaka
what's up big boys

terushima
how are you doing my brothers

great king
I KNOW YOU MISSED ME SAWA-CHAN 🥳
HELLO LOSERS 🥰

kita
i see you didn't change at all

great king
never 😼

That had brought a little smile on Daichi's face. Him and Oikawa had always been close, Oikawa was like his little brother. He was glad he didn't change.

daichi
well, i'm hoping you guys didn't forget me
and suga got married almost four years ago.
we wanted to see if you'd be able to make it
to our celebration of our anniversary? i really
do miss you guys and wanted to see you all in
one place, like old times.