part 4 || point taken

Kozume wasn't sure if he should contact Hinata. They haven't talked in years, and although the thought killed him, it was the truth. He has spent years without talking to his best friend, but still thought about him everyday. Most people wouldn't make a big deal out of this, but Hinata was the one friend who always understood Kozume, even the slightest chance in behavior could be figured out by the energetic red head. For someone who isn't very observant in day to day things, Hinata always payed close attention to Kozume. It was just unspoken that Hinata knew so much about him. Not even Kuroo, his childhood best friend, managed to get that deep with Kozume. Kozume just hoped it would be the same again.

As Kozume got up to get himself a glass of water, his phone sounded with a notification. Kozume ignored it until he got himself that glass of water. It seemed as if all that thinking about what it's with Hinata left him only nervous and dehydrated. He hated not knowing what was going to happen with his relationships. As Kozume approached his couch once more, he scooped up his phone from the small coffee side table on the left side of the couch. When he unlocked his phone, it just said that he had a new message.
Opening the message app, it wasn't who he was expecting it to be.

Tsukishima Kei
Hey Kozume, I know this may surprise you, but I really need your help. It's about that stupid messy haired idiot. Can you facetime me tomorrow?

Kozume smiled to himself, it seemed as if Kuroo is finally going to get engaged. Even though Tsukishima and Kozume bicker all the time, he loved the company of that tall man. He was funny and really kind if you got to know him well enough. Kozume began typing back.

Kozume Kenma
Ew I told you to call me Kenma. I'll facetime you around 7 pm? I've got work until 3, and then I'll probably be staying late for my game launch. Is that good?

This text alone calmed Tsukishima's nerves a little bit. He always knew Kozume's a great person, and the fact that he's helping Tsukishima so unexpectedly just warms his heart. He began clicking on the little letters on the screen.

Tsukishima Kei
Yes Kenma, but only if you call me Tsukki, or Kei-san. That works, you workaholic. I swear one of these days I'm going to kill you because you're gonna be living off of cup ramen and red bull or something. Ease off work a little bit.

Kozume Kenma
Sure Kei. lol work feeds me, you want me to starve? 🤠

Tsukishima Kei
We both know you've got enough money to take a year long vacation in Hawaii and not even create a dent in your bank account 🙈

Kozume Kenma
Point taken 😗

With that last text, Kozume locked his phone and slid it in his pocket, washed the glass that has been used, and headed to his bedroom. Opening the door, Kozume looked around his room. The big, king sized bed pushed almost all the way to the window, leaving some space for a small bedside dresser, rested easily with the silk white sheets Kozume loved because they looked aesthetic. Kuroo made fun of him for having plain white sheets, but he thought they were pretty. Across the room, you could see a Japanese style door,
which lead to his walk in closet.

Kozume did actually have a lot of clothes, since he needed more suits for his job. The walk in closet wasn't all that small, in Kozume's opinion, it even had two bean bags and a small table in the middle. His pinterest board said it was cute, so he bought those. There was an additional door in the walk in closet, to his left, and it lead to his gaming storage room. It was a small room, big enough to fit maybe two people, but it's a collection of all the consoles, PC's, games, and gaming accessories he's acquired over the years.

Kozume walks into his room, throwing his phone gently onto the bed and plugging in the charger to his laptop. He walked into the connected bathroom in his room that was across the window in his room, and took out some towels from the cabinet next to the bath tub. After taking off his clothes and throwing them in the hamper, Kozume turned on his shower, and while waited for the water to heat up, he brushed his teeth. Stepping into the shower, Kozume grabbed his shampoo and ran it through his hair.

"I need to bleach my hair again. My roots can't even be called roots anymore. The bleach is only of the tips of my hair now." Kozume muttered to himself, looking at the strands of his hair.

He hurried and finished his shower, grabbed the towels to dry off his hair and his body. After putting in some oil for his hair, he washed his hands so that he could was his face. Kozume grabbed his face wash, carefully washed his face, and moisturized it before heading into his room with only the towel on his lower body. Kozume wasn't necessarily ripped, but he was definitely not only skinny. He did actually go to the gym a couple of times a week, because he liked staying healthy. Being sick and weak was a waste of his time and money.

After changing into his pajamas which consisted of red pajama pants and a black wife beater, he headed to his bed to finally lay down and feel nothing but tiredness. However, Kozume's plans were cut short when he looked at his phone, and saw he had a text from Hinata.

Hinata was nervous when he began typing. He rewrote the text around a thousand times, and still wasn't sure if it was good enough. Maybe Kozume was mad at him? Maybe he didn't want anything to do with him anymore? He wasn't sure, at all, but he really wanted to talk to him, so the last text that he wrote, he sent.

No going back now, I guess, Hinata thought to himself as he glanced at the message he typed out to his best friend.

Hinata Shōyō
Hi. I'm back in Tokyo. I miss you.
sent at 10:34 pm